When you need a hot dinner that can be adapted to whatever you have in the fridge or the pantry, a creamy turkey skillet fits the bill. Loaded with fiber and good fats, it will you keep you satisfied for hours.
- ¼ cup orange juice, fresh squeezed
- 2 tbsp fat-free mayonnaise
- ½ tbsp honey
- 16 oz turkey breast, white meat
- ½ tsp garlic, minced
- 1 orange
- 1 cup broccoli
- ½ yellow pepper, sliced
- ½ orange pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp walnut, pieces
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 2 cup cooked barley
- Mix together the orange juice, mayo, and honey and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in the skillet and add the garlic. Sauté the broccoli and peppers until tender.
- Add in the turkey and allow flavors to blend before pouring over sauce.
- Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Place over cooked barley and then sprinkle with walnuts, sesame seeds, and cranberries.