If you're on a mass-building diet plan, this cold turkey salad dish offers a great change of pace from the onslaught of eggs, sweet potatoes, and protein shakes. The grapes and celery help make it refreshing and crunchy, and it lasts well enough over a couple of days to pack to work. Nutritionally, it offers a good combination of protein, complex carbohydrates, and healthy fats.
- 2 cup rotini whole-grain pasta
- ¾ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 green onion, chopped
- 8 oz turkey breast, white meat
- 2 stalk celery, finely diced
- ½ cup red grapes
- 2 tbsp raisins
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped
- Begin by cooking the pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, mix together the Greek yogurt, mayo, vinegar, and Dijon mustard.
- In a bowl, toss together the turkey, drained pasta, celery, red grapes, and raisins. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle pecans on top and toss one more time before serving.