While scrolling through Instagram, I was recently inspired to try making French toast sticks. I'd never made them before, so why not now? I know it must seem weird that I'm offering up a breakfast food that isn't pancakes or waffles. I guess sometimes even I have to change it up a little. Boy, am I glad I did! I do wish I'd made more than one serving, though I; could have easily eaten another 20 of these.
- 2 slice regular whole-grain bread
- 1 whole egg
- 1 large egg whites
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ⅓ scoop(s) MusclePharm Combat Powder, Cinnamon Bun
- ½ tsp cinnamon
Nutella Cream Ingredients
- ⅓ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 24 g chocolate-flavored hazelnut spread
- 1 tsp Walden Farms Chocolate Sauce
- 1 tsp granular erythritol
- Preheat pan to medium-high heat. Cut the crust off the shorter ends of the bread. Slice each piece into thirds.
- In a bowl, mix egg, egg white, almond milk, protein powder, cinnamon, and Stevia.
- Soak three sticks of bread at a time for about 30 seconds per side. Spray pan with cooking spray. Cook French toast stick for a few minutes per side or until golden brown. Repeat process for three remaining French toast sticks.
- Add Nutella to a small bowl and melt in microwave for about 15 seconds. Add Greek yogurt, chocolate sauce, and Stevia, and mix until smooth. Dip French toast in Nutella cream and enjoy!