Protein bars are a highly convenient source of nutrition during the day, especially while on the go. Homemade ones are my preference because this allows for better control of nutrient quality.
- 3 cup raw oats
- ½ tbsp coconut oil
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup almond milk
- ½ tsp pure almond extract
- ½ cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp walnuts, chopped
- 1 scoop kaged Muscle Kasein (Vanilla Shake)
- Stir the Kasein and oatmeal together in a large mixing bowl.
- Melt the coconut oil in a pan set to low heat. Add unsweetened cocoa powder and coconut sugar.
- Add the vanilla extract and almond milk to the pan. Stir well.
- Stir chopped walnuts and peanut butter into the mixture in the pan.
- Add the melted mixture to the oatmeal and Kasein and give it a final stir.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Spread the mixture onto the parchment paper, and refrigerate until cool. When they're cool, these are ready to go!