Move over, disco fries! Who needs all that grease, gravy, and artery-clogging cheese when you can have this version of a healthy cheat? Dig into this pile of guilt-free spuds that are topped with all the fixings.
- 2 potato large (3" to 4-1/4" dia. red potato, baked
- 5 oz ground 99% fat-free turkey breast
- ⅓ cup part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 whole green onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp red chili sauce
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Set oven to 405 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice red potatoes into wedges, or use a mandolin slicer to make fries.
- Dry the fries on a paper towel, then place them in a large bowl. Spray the fries with coconut oil and season with sea salt and chipotle chili seasoning.
- Spread the fries on a baking sheet with parchment paper or on a baking rack. Bake for 13 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and flip the pieces over. If you're impatient like me, you can just shake the pan to cause them to flip. Season with a bit more chipotle chili seasoning and a pinch of sea salt. Bake for another 10-13 minutes. Be careful not to let them burn.
- Remove the fries from the oven and allow them to cool on a baking rack so they do not become soft or soggy.
- In a nonstick skillet, cook ground turkey with garlic paste.
- Place the fries in a cast iron skillet or oven-safe dish. Sprinkle with cooked turkey and shredded mozzarella. Bake in the oven for about 3 minutes. Remove the fries from the oven and sprinkle with chopped green onions.
- Eat with a fork and enjoy!