The combo of smoky black beans and protein-packed chicken make this sweet potato stack a healthy option for lunch or dinner. Plus, using sweet potato as a bread substitute provides a nutritional upgrade.
- 2 sweet potato
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- ⅓ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 pepper chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- 2 cup chicken breast, shredded
- ¼ cup cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut ends off sweet potatoes, then cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange slices in a single layer.
- Brush slices with 1 teaspoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 10 minutes, flip potato slices, brush with 1 teaspoon olive oil, and heat for another 10 minutes or until fork tender.
- To make the black bean spread, place beans, yogurt, 1 tablespoon oil, tomato paste, chipotle chili pepper, lime juice, garlic powder, cumin and a couple pinches salt in a blender or food processor container, and blend until slightly chunky.
- Spread bean mixture on sweet potato toast and top with chicken and cilantro.