You can't beat building muscle on less than $3 per serving! Not only will this meal satisfy your wallet, but it will also put your muscles on the road to recovery. This is a perfect combo of sweet and savory flavors with high-quality protein and complex carbohydrates. Even better, it's an easy meal you can prep in advance-just top it with chili when you're ready to eat. Now, go grow!
- 6 oz ground 99% fat-free turkey breast
- 150 g sweet potato
- ¾ italian tomato tomatoes
- ⅛ cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- ⅛ cup green onion, chopped
- Bake a sweet potato in the oven until soft.
- Set a skillet on medium heat and add ground meat.
- Break apart the meat in the skillet with a spatula and, as it's cooking, add seasonings. When the meat is 70 percent finished, add tomatoes, green onions, and black beans. Mix together.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the skillet, and cook for another 5-8 minutes.
- When the sweet potato has finished baking, slice it in half and scoop out just a little from the top to create a small hole.
- Top the sweet potato with the chili mixture.