Meaty chicken, sweet strawberries, velvety goat cheese—teamed up with the bitter crunch of cacao nibs to deliver a festival of flavors and textures. Gently poaching the chicken in water keeps the meat deliciously moist.
Salad Ingredients Ingredients
- 12 oz chicken breast
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 1 cup salad greens
- 1½ cup strawberries
- 1½ cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 whole yellow pepper, cut into strips
- 2 whole green onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp goat cheese
Dressing Ingredients Ingredients
- 2½ tbsp olive oil
- 1½ tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- ⅛ tsp, ground black pepper
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp cacao nibs
- Place chicken and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large saucepan. Add enough water to completely cover chicken by at least 1 inch.
- Bring water to a very slight simmer with just a few bubbles breaking the surface. Cook the chicken, partially covered, for 20 minutes, or until meat is cooked through and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast registers 165 degrees F. Adjust heat as necessary during cooking to maintain the slight simmer.
- As the chicken cooks, skim off any foam that forms on the surface of the water.
- Remove chicken from pan when cool enough to handle. Slice the meat and set aside.
- Divide salad greens, chicken, strawberries, tomatoes, bell pepper, green onion and goat cheese among serving plates.
- For dressing: In a bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, garlic, black pepper, and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Stir in cacao nibs. Drizzle dressing over salad.