Chicken and waffles: always delicious, not always nutritious. Prove that you can have it both ways with this muscle-making recipe!
- 200 g sweet potato
- 3 egg whites
- ¼ cup green onion, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
Chicken Breast Ingredients
- 4 oz chicken breast
Sandwich topping Ingredients
- 1 tbsp nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup spinach
- 3 slice, thin/small tomatoes
- Grate a raw sweet potato into a bowl.
- Add three egg whites and seasonings to the bowl. Mix with a fork.
- Set your waffle iron on medium-high heat and spray with coconut oil to prevent the waffle from sticking.
- Pour the batter onto the waffle iron. Spread evenly.
- Cook for five minutes or until your waffle iron indicates the waffle is cooked.
- While the waffle is cooking, season chicken breast (garlic, cumin, paprika, sea salt, and pepper to taste) and cook in a skillet.
- Build your sandwich wrap.