Make the most of cauliflower with this dish that makes vegetables the star. The added crunch from protein-rich nuts and fresh aroma from the picked basil make this one well-rounded meal.
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 4 oz cauliflower
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 oz pecans
- 1 oz fresh basil leaves
- 1 dash table salt
- Add grapeseed oil to the pan and allow to heat.
- Add in cauliflower florets. Allow to caramelize to a golden brown.
- Add garlic and rice. Allow flavors to meld.
- Add water to steam and allow cauliflower to cook al dente.
- Add toasted pecans and a pinch of salt.
- Pick basil instead of chopping to keep the flavor intact and the herb green. Add to dish and serve.