When money is tight, the next best thing after the "chicken of the sea" is actual shredded chicken from a can. We're going to transform these into something like a sort of balled-up chicken parmesan. They're easy and scrumptious, and they're even better if you top them with some tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese!
- 2 can (5 oz) yields canned chunk chicken breast, drained
- 2 egg
- 56 g fat-free mozzarella cheese
- 40 g low-fat parmesan cheese
- 64 g wheat germ
- 61 g tomato sauce, canned
- ½ tsp, ground basil, dried
- ½ tsp, ground oregano
- ½ tsp parsley, dried
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Drain your canned chicken and then combine all your ingredients into a bowl.
- Mix ingredients together until everything is incorporated.
- Take out a baking sheet, coat it with some nonstick cooking spray, and shape your mix into about 7 balls.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes.