Hankering for some sweet pancakes to start your day? Why not make some good ol' flapjacks pumped full of protein and Christmas-themed cheer with candy canes and peppermint? Perfect for Christmas morning, if I do say so myself!
- 1 candy cane
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- 1 scoop(s) vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- ½ cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 drop red food coloring
- Combine all of your ingredients into either a food processor or blender.
- Blend everything together.
- Divide your mix into two bowls, then add in your red food coloring to one of the bowls.
- Mix that bowl until coloring is incorporated.
- Turn your stove to medium heat. Coat a skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour your mix in and cook each side of your pancakes for 2-3 minutes.
- Stack up your cakes and top with some fat-free whipped cream.