Fire up that oven and break out your cast-iron skillet like a true alpha male. This recipe takes a Southern classic and turns it into a muscle-building meal like none other.
- 6 oz ground venison
- ½ cup low-sodium black beans
- ½ cup brown and wild rice mix
- ⅓ cup red onion, sliced
- ¼ cup, chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp green onion, chopped
- Seasonings (to taste): Pinch of sea salt, pepper, cumin, paprika.
- Set oven to 405 degrees.
- Place a cast iron skillet on medium heat and lightly spray with coconut oil. Toss in red onions and garlic to saute.
- Season venison with sea salt (pinch), pepper, cumin, and paprika. Add to the skillet. Chop the meat finely with a spatula as it cooks.
- When the meat is nearly 85 percent cooked, add black beans (with a little juice), cooked instant rice, and red peppers. Mix with a spatula.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and place it in the oven.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes. Remove it from the oven and top with green onions.