Kick off the festivities with these crab cakes. They're easy to throw together using canned lump crab meat, and they cook in just minutes in a nonstick skillet. Pair them with my healthy homemade tartar sauce for a diet-friendly take on this classic tasty treat.
- 2 can (6.5 oz), drained crab meat
- ¾ cup bread crumbs
- 2 green onion, chopped
- ¼ cup, chopped red bell pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp light butter spread
- ½ tsp cajun seasoning
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl, mixing with hands until just combined.
- Heat large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Spray lightly with cooking spray when ready to cook crab cakes.
- Scooping out 1/3-cup portions, form mixture into patties and place in preheated skillet.
- Cook patties over medium heat for 4 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Set cooked patties on a plate and enjoy with healthy tartar sauce!