If you're looking for the next epic side dish for your upcoming barbecue or picnic, here you go. This healthy take on a classic comfort food takes things up a notch, since it's baked on a wood-pellet grill like a Traeger. Stick it on the grill right beside your meat and veggies, then sit back and enjoy epic grilling at its finest. I guarantee, this crowd pleaser will make you the life of the party.
- 4 oz quinoa pasta
- 2 cup asparagus
- ⅓ cup red onion, diced
- 3 strip low-sodium turkey bacon
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp quinoa flour
- ½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup goat cheese
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 4 oz fat-free mozzarella cheese
- 4 tbsp whole-wheat panko bread crumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 g coconut oil
- Set your grill to 350 degrees F.
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions provided on the package and set aside.
- Spray a nonstick skillet with coconut oil and warm it to medium-high heat.
- Cook garlic, red onions, and bacon together in the skillet for about 4 minutes, or until the red onions turn brown and the edges of the bacon are crispy.
- Stir in chicken broth, flour, Greek yogurt, and goat cheese, and allow the sauce to simmer momentarily.
- Mix in cooked pasta, chopped asparagus, and fresh rosemary. Stir thoroughly, then remove from the heat.
- Pour the contents into a baking dish. I used mini cast-iron dishes in order to better measure out individual portion sizes.
- Top with mozzarella and panko crumbs.
- Bake for at least 20 minutes, or until the bread crumbs have turned brown.