Not all muffins lead to a muffin top. Make baked goods fuel your gains with this healthy, protein-packed recipe!
- 1 large (8" to 8-7/8" long) banana
- ¼ cup vanilla whey protein powder
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- ¼ cup ground almonds
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Blend all ingredients together until they form a smooth batter. If you're adding any extras like chopped walnuts or chocolate chips, mix these in with a spoon.
- Pour batter into three medium-sized muffin tins or six small ones.
- Bake at between 320 and 350 F (170 C) for about 20 minutes, or until muffins have cooked through. To check, poke them with a fork and make sure they come out clean. Be careful not to overbake.
- Note: If you like your muffins sweeter, add Stevia flavoring drops, honey, or a bit of coconut sugar to your mix. If you'd like to take your muffins to the next level, add some chopped walnuts or dark chocolate chips to the mix. Just make sure you mix these in after blending your batter in order to retain the texture.