Your Thanksgiving plate needs at least one green vegetable, so why not make it a power food like asparagus? Chances are a heaping serving of asparagus is already a part of your weekly diet, so why break a good thing? This is a traditional, grilled version that your guests are sure to love. It's quick and easy so you can make it right before you serve your feast.
- 6 whole asparagus
- ¼ cup whole-wheat panko bread crumbs
- ⅛ cup whole kernels almonds
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 dash sea salt
- 2 tbsp low-fat parmesan cheese
- Remove asparagus ends.
- Set a nonstick skillet on medium high heat. Lightly spray with olive or coconut oil. Add minced garlic.
- When the pan is hot, add the asparagus. Sear the asparagus on all sides moving the skillet back and forth across heat.
- After the asparagus sears for about 3 minutes, add in the panko crumbs. Move the skillet around so the spears become coated in panko crumbs and allow the panko to brown.
- After about 2-3 minutes or when the panko becomes dark, remove from the skillet and place on a plate.
- If desired, sprinkle with almonds and parmesan cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately while still hot.