These yummy muffins include complex carbs, protein, and a bit of healthy fat. Make them for a busy-day snack.
- 1 cup pumpkin, canned
- ⅓ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup, quartered or chopped apples
- ½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 1 cup(s) vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 cup Splenda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp table salt
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender until oats are well ground.
- Pour batter into muffin tins and bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool and then serve.