These cupcakes each boast 16 grams of high-quality protein and are made using Optimum Nutrition's Gold Standard whey and casein. They make a perfect post-workout treat, quick breakfast option, or an easy on-the-go snack. So get out that mixing bowl, put on your apron, and get cooking. With these treats, you can have your cupcakes and eat them, too!
- 1 cup raw oats
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 scoop Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey, French Vanilla Creme
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup extra virgin coconut oil
- 4 egg
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 apple
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp nutmeg
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¾ cup Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey, French Vanilla Creme
- ⅔ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 4 tbsp milk (2% fat)
- For muffins: Preheat your oven to 350 F (180 C).
- Add all ingredients into a mixing bowl and, using a spoon, combine into a smooth cake batter.
- Equally divide the mixture between 10 muffin cases and bake for 15-20 minutes until cooked through. Simple and delicious!
- For frosting: In a small mixing bowl, combine the casein and the yogurt.
- Slowly add in the milk until you reach your desired frosting consistency.
- Once the cupcakes have completely cooled (be patient!), you can pop the frosting on with a spoon. If you're feeling fancy, you can use a piping bag and nozzle!
- Tip: Go wild with your toppings—this is where you can get creative! I added chia seeds and chopped almonds for an extra crunch. You could use dark chocolate chips, coconut flakes, or even fresh fruit. Get creative and add your own twist!