How I Got Started
I've always been into sports mainly to stay in shape for the military. When I got assigned to Japan I started focusing more on strength training and less on cardio and aerobic activities. I started noticing gains in my size and was very happy.
Then one day I was asked had I ever considered bodybuilding, I was told that I had what it takes to do really well in the sport. From there I began doing research on the sport, the different exercises, nutrition, contest prep, etc! A year later I entered my first competition where I won the overall title of Mr. Northern Japan and haven't looked back!
Civilian Life To Military Life
What Is The Hardest Part?
Coming from a very small town it was hard for me to leave my family and friends I grew up with. In addition to all of the rules and regulations you have to learn and adhere to as a military member.
The Biggest Obstacle Of A Military Lifestyle
My biggest obstacle is having to adjust my lifestyle to deployments and other military commitments that take precedence over family, training, etc.
A normal week would consist of the following:
- Flat Bench: 3 heavy sets, 6-10 reps/1 burn-out set, 20-25 reps
- Incline Dumbbell Press: 3 sets, 12-15 reps
- Cable Crossovers: 3 sets, 12-15 reps
- Pushups: 3 sets to failure
- Pullups: 3 sets to failure
- Barbell Rows: 3 heavy sets, 6-10 reps/1 burn-out set, 20-25 reps
- Seated Rows: 3 sets, 12-15 reps
- One-Arm Dumbbell Rows: 3 sets, 12-15 reps
- Dumbbell Shoulder Press: 3 sets, 15 reps
- Dumbbell Side Raises: 3 sets, 15 reps
- Rear Delt Raises: 3 sets, 15 reps
- Smith Machine Shrugs: 3 sets, 12-15 reps
- Cable Upright Rows: 3 sets, 15 reps
- Dumbbell Curls: 3 sets, 10 reps each arm
- Barbell Curls: 3 sets, 12-15 reps
- Cable Curls: 3 sets, 15 reps each arm
- V-Bar Pushdowns: 3 sets, 12-15 reps
- Close-Grip Bench: 3 heavy sets, 6-10 reps/1 burn-out set, 20-25 reps
- Overhead Tricep Extensions: 3 sets, 15-20 reps
- Leg Press: 4 sets, 12-15 reps
- Walking Lunges: 3 sets, 20 yards each
- Leg Extensions: 3 sets, 20-25 reps
- Standing Leg Curls: 3 sets, 12-15 reps
- Lying Leg Curls: 3 sets, 12-15 reps
- Stiff-Leg Deadlifts: 3 sets, 15-20 reps
- Seated Calf Raises: 4 sets, 15-20 reps
- Standing Calf Raises: 4 sets, 15-20 reps
|FEATURED FAT BURNER|
Future Bodybuilding Plans
My future plans are to compete in the NPC Nationals in 2009. I would like to place in the top "5" of the middleweight division then improve from there! I also would like to teach others the different aspects of the sport.
One Tip For Other Bodybuilders In The Military
The one tip I would share with fellow bodybuilders is that from my years of training it was never the weights that won me a competition it was the nutrition and conditioning!
Sign Up To Win $50 in Store Credit!