Jamie Eason's LiveFit Recipes: Cinnamon Swirl Protein Bread
Holy wow! A cinnamon swirl bread that tastes this good AND is healthy? Join me in the BB.com kitchen for a cooking lesson!
The only thing better than the aroma of coffee wafting through the house first thing in the morning is the smell of freshly baked cinnamon rolls. As a kid, nothing could get me down the stairs for breakfast faster! Though it's been ages since I've actually had the kind of cinnamon rolls my mom would bake, I can still remember the warm buttery goodness with hints of vanilla, cinnamon, and sugar icing.
Of course, these days, indulgences like that are few and far between for me. Though it may not lessen the allure of a Cinnabon at the mall, my own cinnamon swirl protein bread satisfies that urge. Not only does it fill the house with the aroma of cinnamon and vanilla, but it also provides additional protein and has far fewer calories. Eat this scrumptious bread first thing in the morning or pack it to accompany meals throughout the day!
Jamie Eason's Cinnamon Swirl Protein Bread
Watch The Video - 11:41
Cinnamon Swirl Protein Bread Recipe
- 1/3 cup Ideal (Xylitol)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups oat flour + 2 scoops vanilla whey protein
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Ideal (Xylitol) or 1/4 cup Stevia in the Raw
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (Almond Breeze)
- 1/3 cup or 4-oz. jar of baby food applesauce and 1/4 cup low-sugar vanilla yogurt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray an 8 X 8 inch Pyrex dish with non-stick spray.
- In small bowl combine: (set aside) 1/3 cup Ideal (Xylitol) 2 tsp cinnamon
- In a large bowl combine: (whisk together) 1 1/2 cups oat flour + 2 scoops vanilla whey protein, 1 tbsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 cup Ideal (Xylitol) or 1/4 cup Stevia in the Raw
- In a medium bowl combine: (whisk together & add to lrg bowl), 2 egg whites, 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (Almond Breeze), 1/3 cup or 1 4oz jar of baby food applesauce and ¼ cup low sugar vanilla yogurt (optional)
- Pour a shallow layer of batter into the loaf pan (about 1/4 of the batter).
- Sprinkle heavily with half of the cinnamon/sugar mixture. Repeat with remaining batter & cinnamon/sugar on top.
- Draw a knife through the batter to marble. Bake for 24 to 28 min. Let cool for 10 min. Bread will be dense.
Serving Size (1)
Jamie's Cinnamon Swirl Protein Bread PDF (61 KB)