Jamie Eason's LiveFit Recipes: 3-Bean Turkey Chili
When most people think of eating healthfully, one of the first options to come to mind is a salad. But what about something as hearty and filling as chili? Can that be a healthy option? You bet!
When most people think of eating healthfully, one of the first options to come to mind is a salad. But what about something as hearty and filling as chili? Can that be a healthy option? You bet! It's conveniently prepared in a single pot and versatile enough to please nearly any palette, from meat eater to vegetarian.
In my version of chili, I show you how to quickly throw together a hearty meal using extra-lean ground turkey, canned organic ingredients, and various spices. Prepare your chili on a Sunday for the entire family to enjoy, or save it to savor throughout the week!
Jamie Eason's 3-Bean Turkey Chili
Watch The Video - 7:44
3-Bean Turkey Chili Recipe
- 2 lbs. extra-lean ground turkey
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 2 - 4 oz. cans of diced green chilies
- 1 - 15 oz. can organic tri-bean blend (drained)
- 1 - 15 oz. can organic black beans (drained)
- 2 - 14.5 oz. cans organic diced tomatoes (do not drain)
- 1 tbsp. Xylitol brown sugar blend (Ideal)
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tbsp. white vinegar
- 3 tbsp. regular yellow mustard
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. dried or fresh cilantro
- 2 tsp. adobo sauce (optional)
- In a large pot add onions and meat, sprinkled with garlic powder and cook until no longer pink (drain using a plate, if desired).
- Next add the green chilies, beans, tomatoes, xylitol and spices (except cilantro) and stir until combined.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Finally, add cilantro. Serve hot.
- You may sprinkle veggie shreds or a light cheese on top.
Serving Size (1) Recipe yields 12 servings
3-bean turkey chili PDF (94 KB)