Working The Inner Calf Head
The inner calf head is hard to target but can really make your calves jump out.
Many people have difficulty building the calves in general and the inner calf head specifically. Try this technique when doing calf raises of any type.
- Stand with your feet about a foot apart then, as you rise up, try to force your heels together.
- Do not let your toes or balls of your feet move.
- Your toes should stay pointed straight forward.
- Squeeze hard at the top.
- This is essentially attempted external (outward) rotation at the hip joint with the stress going to your inner calves.
- Try to put more pressure on the big toe sides of the feet as you come up and squeeze together.
This is just one tip out of many! View the full listing of tips here.