Simply doing light weights for high reps to build better arm definition is no longer considered the best approach. This workout starts with a straight-set multi-joint exercise for an initial size and strength stimulus, then picks up the pace by employing supersets with a high volume of work. You'll be moving faster and really feeling the muscle burn.
- Warm-up sets aren't included; do as many as you need, but never take warm-ups to muscle failure.
- Choose a weight that allows you to reach muscle failure by the target rep listed.
- If you have a spotter, do a few forced reps on your heaviest sets of your initial exercise. If you don't have a partner, train as close to muscle failure as possible.
- Perform a dropset on your last set of each exercise after you complete both moves, quickly reducing the weight by about 25 percent when you reach muscle failure and continuing on with the set to a second point of muscle failure.
- 2,500+ expert-created single workouts
- 3,500+ how-to exercise videos
- Detailed workout instruction
- Step-by-step workout tips
- Training at gym or at home
- Access to Workout Plans
- Access to Bodyfit App
- Store Discounts
Already have a Bodybuilding.com account with BodyFit? Sign In