Video Article: Get Lean, Eat Clean With Jamie Eason - Chocolate Protein Bars
Eating clean doesn't have to be unappetizing. Jamie Eason is in the Bodybuilding.com kitchen to share some of her favorite clean recipes to help get you lean.
Today's recipe is Chocolate Protein Bars.
Jamie Eason's Chocolate Protein Bars
Watch The Video - 09:43
- 1 cup Oat Flour
- 4 Egg Whites
- 2 scoops Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
- ½ cup Splenda, Truvia, or Ideal
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 8oz Berry flavored Baby Food
- 3 tbsp Baking Cocoa
- 4oz Water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients (oat flower, vanilla whey protein, baking soda, salt, baking cocoa) together in a large bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients (egg whites, Splenda, Berry flavored Baby Food,Water) together in a medium sized bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together.
- Spray cooking dish with a non stick butter spray and add batter to dish.
- Bake 20-30 minutes in oven.
Makes 16 squares.Jamie's Chocolate Protein Bars Recipe. PDF
Serving Size 2 bars
- Follow This Discussion by:
I've never heard of baby food having sugar in it, so I doubt it. :)
Jamie explains in a different video that once its cut up into individual squares, the sugar becomes almost trivial at less than 2grams per square.
Hi! A 4.5 oz Heinz blueberry babyfood jar has 10g of sugar.
I couldn't find Oat Flour, but found some Soy Flour. I just made the recipe with the Soy Flour, which has 56g of Protein for 1 cup! The protein bars were super delicious, like chocolate cake.
I couldn't find oat flour either, so I made my own. I ground up quacker oatmeal in a food processor.
You probably got your answer by now, anyways.
1 cup is 2.366 deciliter or 0,2366 liter. Depending on what you measure up to one cup the weight in grams will be different. If you wander about other convertions, check out convert-me.com
I made my chocolate protein bars in a muffin tin, then put a teaspoon of peanut butter into each one. It changes the calorie, protein, etc count, but it's SO good :) Loooove these recipes.
I just made these today and i could not find oat flour anywhere. I ended up using almond meal flour and it increased the cal content but lowered the carb amount. It came out really good
I always keep mine in the fridge. I ate them all before they went bad. About a week?
The Bodybuilding.com Clothing Core Diagonal Long Sleeve Hoodie is A High-Tech Hoodie That Moves With You! Get the Lowest Price on the Diagonal Long Sleeve Hoodie at Bodybuilding.com!