Chocolate is delicious on its own, but it's even better with peanut butter. When combined, these two ingredients are best friends. Of course, they're also incredibly unhealthy. The solution? Add protein to balance out the relationship!
My Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Crisp recipe is gluten-free, made with organic ingredients, and doesn't contain any crazy chemicals you can't pronounce. It's a quick, easy, and sinfully delicious protein treat. This recipe is really sweet, so consider making it a special indulgence.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Crisp
Watch The Video - 13:09
- 3 cups Nature's Path Crispy Rice
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 cup whole oats
- 1/4 cup crushed almonds
- 1/2 cup Xylitol brown sugar
- 3/4 cup smooth unsalted natural peanut butter
- 3 tbsp dark unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pour the crispy rice, protein powder, whole oats, and crushed almonds into a large bowl and shake gently. Avoid stirring to keep the protein powder from settling on the bottom.
- In a small glass bowl, combine the brown sugar, peanut butter, cocoa, honey, and vanilla extract and microwave at 30-second intervals, stirring until combined.
- Add the peanut butter mixture to the crispy rice mixture and stir with a rubber spatula until every piece is coated.
- Spread the mixture evenly into a 9x13 Pyrex dish or use cookie cutter shapes as molds* and fill with the mixture, pressing firmly into place. Place the 9x13 Pyrex dish in the freezer for at least one hour. Allow the crisp to soften a bit before cutting the squares, or simply break off pieces with your hands.
- Store in the freezer.
*If using cookie cutters, be sure to remove them before putting the crisp in the freezer.
(Yields 18 servings)
Serving Size (1/18 mixture)
Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Crisp PDF (79.5 KB)