We've all grown up with the traditional beefy, cheese-plastered hamburgers that you see at barbecues and restaurants all over the U.S. So tasty, yet so ruthlessly unhealthy! That's why I decided turn this American pastime on its head and churn out something that matches the taste, and outmatches the nutrition.
The fresh, juicy zucchini and mouthwatering spices are mixed right into the lean turkey, and with the all-natural Ezekiel bread and freshly sliced tomato, you'll get a splash of Italian zest for a truly refreshing, filling and fit-friendly burger.
So for today's LiveFit Recipe, enjoy an Italian burger that won't break your diet but will bring any burger connoisseur to their knees!
Jamie Eason's Italian Turkey Burgers
Watch The Video - 7:12
Italian Turkey Burgers Recipe
- 2 packages of ground extra-lean turkey breast
- 4 medium zucchini, grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Set broiler on high, arranging rack so that burgers will be about 2 inches from the heat.
- In a large bowl, combine grated zucchini, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, dried basil, oregano, pepper and then turkey.
- Mix well and scoop out 4-5 oz portions. Mixture will be really moist so for easier clean up, use a foil-lined baking sheet, prepped with nonstick spray.
- Place burgers in oven and broil for 7 minutes. Carefully flip each burger and continue to broil for another 7 minutes on the other side. Serve warm.
Serving Size (1)
Italian Turkey Burgers PDF (171 KB)