Jamie Eason's LiveFit Recipes: Frosted Coconut Protein Cupcakes
I love anything coconut. I also love cupcakes. I decided to combine my two loves into one amazing Frosted Coconut Protein Cupcake! Coconut is quite healthful, but this isn't an everyday food. This recipe produces a delicious, cleaner version of a coconut cupcake, but it's still a special treat. Enjoy!
Frosted Coconut Protein Cupcakes
Watch The Video - 14:53
I prefer to cook with coconut oil over any other type of oil. I really only use two types of oil: extra virgin olive oil and coconut oil, which heats well at high temperatures. You can make stir-fry with it, or use it in place of butter in any recipe.
In this recipe, you can substitute Stevia for the brown sugar, but I like the molasses flavor of the brown sugar. Look for Greek yogurt with the lowest amount of sugar. I used imitation coconut, but if you just want to use coconut milk, that's okay. It has plenty of flavor! If you are watching your salt content, you can omit it from the recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour
- 2 scoops (servings) vanilla whey protein
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup Xylitol brown sugar
- 4 oz. unsweetened applesauce
- 4 oz. (half container) Greek yogurt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tsp coconut extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the oat flour, protein powder, baking soda and salt.
- Whisk until well combined and set aside.
- In a second bowl, combine brown sugar, applesauce, yogurt, egg whites, coconut milk and coconut extract, stirring until incorporated.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Use a 1/4 cup as a scoop to fill muffin tins.
- Place in the oven on the middle rack for 20 minutes.
- 4 oz. fat free cream cheese
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (microwave for 15 seconds)
- 2 cups Xylitol confectioner's sugar
- Mix together with an electric mixer until smooth and refrigerate.
- Let cupcakes cool completely before frosting.
- Use flaked coconut as garnish on top.
Recipe yields 12 cupcakes
(with icing and coconut flakes)
Icing (recipe yields 24 servings)
*Macros will vary depending on your choice of protein powder.
- Follow This Discussion by:
Oh man Jamie! your recipes are awesome! Me and my gf are on week 2 of your plan and it's tough but going well. Had a minor set back with a pinched nerve in my back but resting then getting back on the horse, Thanks!
Just made these and they are amazing. I used coconut flavored light & fit greek yogurt and skipped the coconut extract. With choices that don't leave you feeling so deprived all the time I think this is a program I can adapt to. The fact that they have protein is a bonus. Thanks for the recipes.
Bodybuilding.com Foundation Series 100% Whey Power Now With 25 grams Of Protein, Improved Taste And Mixability! Get the Lowest Prices on 100% Whey Power!