A great spinach noodle lasagna recipe.
- 1 pound spinach noodles
- 2 whole red onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup white wine
- 2 lb lean ground beef
- 4 medium whole (2-3/5" dia) tomatoes
- 7 oz tomato paste
- 2 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 2 tsp, leaves oregano
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 cup spinach
- Boil noodles until tender. Drain
- Braise onions and garlic in white wine for 4 minutes. Add ground beef. Cook until no longer pink. Drain fat.
- Add pureed tomatoes, tomato paste, and herbs. Simmer for 20 minutes
- In a blender, mix cottage cheese, egg whites, and spinach. Puree.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place a layer of meat sauce in a large baking pan. Layer with noodles and spinach mixture. Repeat layers, ending with noodles. Arrange tomato slices on top. Bake for 45 minutes.