Of all the amazing flavor combos in the food world, this one never disappoints; peanut butter and banana will forever be a match made in taste-bud heaven. Spoon up this chia pudding for a quick breakfast or after a workout to kick-start muscle recovery. It delivers a hunger-crushing combination of protein, fiber, and healthy fats. If you want to bump up the protein numbers, blend in a couple scoops of plain or vanilla protein powder. Options for toppings include cacao nibs, roasted peanuts, sliced banana, fresh berries, coconut flakes, and dark chocolate chips.
- ½ cup skim milk
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 large (8" to 8-7/8" long) banana
- ¼ cup natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch table salt
- 1 tbsp sugar-free maple syrup
- 6 tbsp chia seeds
- In a blender, combine milk, yogurt, banana, peanut butter, vanilla, cinnamon, a pinch of salt and, if you so choose, maple syrup or honey. Blend until smooth.
- Divide mixture between two wide mouth jars and add half the chia seeds to each jar. Stir to combine and add any desired toppings. Screw top on jar, chill for several hours, then serve.
- Optional toppings: Cacao nibs, roasted peanuts, sliced banana, fresh berries, coconut flakes, dark chocolate chips