This vegetarian recipe has it all. It is flavorful, packed with natural antioxidants, and overflowing with natural vitamins and minerals.
- 1¼ cup quinoa
- 1 cup kernels corn kernels
- 2 cup water
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup, sliced red bell pepper, sliced
- ½ cup fire-roasted diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup mini heirloom tomatoes
- 2 whole stalk celery
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 2 tsp lime zest
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring water, corn, quinoa, and salt to a boil in a saucepan. Cover and let simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Sauté red bell peppers and mini heirloom tomatoes until cooked through. Add in black beans and fire-roasted tomatoes and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the lime juice, lime zest, chili powder, smoked paprika, cilantro leaves, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the quinoa has finished cooking, transfer to a large bowl and toss with the bell pepper, tomato, and black bean mixture.
- Drizzle herb and spice mixture over top. Toss again and serve with a cilantro garnish.