The word "cut" doesn't just describe the vast amount of slices and dices in the hot new Starz original TV series Spartacus: Gods of the Arena, the prequel to Spartacus: Blood and Sand.
American actor and star Nick E. Tarabay (The Sopranos, Crash) worked hard with trainer George Mitropetros to forge an arena-worthy physique for his role in the series as Ashur, a man who brings new gusto to the phrase "survival of the fittest."
From the coliseum to your computer, we're giving you the Spartacus workout video and training program. Workouts that build agility, stamina and strength training, combined with a gladiator's diet -- these are the tools Nick uses to build Ashur's battle-ready body. We're giving you those tools for free. Nick challenges you to become a god of the arena in your own right. The road to glory is at your fingertips. Will you cower or stand strong?
The choice is yours. If you accept the challenge, prepare to run, lift, jump, flip and slam every training session. This is a program fit for a warrior, containing unique exercises designed with brutal fitness in mind. When the time comes and the crowd sees you step onto the sand in the arena, your body will tell them to bet on you, not against you.
This program doesn't require you to buy a replica gladiator sword and suit of armor (you can if you want), but it does require you to train like a warrior. Don't worry, there's a huge payoff ...
Watch These Videos to Learn How!
Perform the four circuits below once a week, with one day's rest in between.
- Goblet Squat: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Plyo Kettlebell Pushups: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Alternating Renegade Row: 3 sets until failure
- Mountain Climbers: 3 sets, 1 min
- Crossover Reverse Lunge: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Dips - Triceps Version: 3 sets until failure
- Chin-Up: 3 sets until failure
- Rope Jumping: 3 sets, 1 min
- Jump Squat (knees to chest):3 sets to failure
- Swiss Ball Sit-ups: 3 sets of 25 reps
- Dumbbell Push-ups: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Pull-ups: 3 sets to failure
- Reverse Lunge: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Medicine Ball Slam: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Swiss Ball Knee-in: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Close-Grip Push-up on Medicine Ball: 3 sets to failure
- Jump Rope: Until you drop!
- Spiderman Pushup: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Split Squats: 3 sets of 10 reps
- V-Bar Pullup: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Front Plank Hold: 3 sets until failure
- Push-Ups With Feet Elevated: 3 sets until failure
- Turkish Get Up (alternating): 3 sets of 8 reps
- Frog Hops: 3 sets, 30 sec
- Burpees: 3 sets of 10 reps
The actor talks about nutrition, supplementation, and forging the mindset of a warrior, on screen and off.