Brown rice is an easy-to-prepare dish to accompany a protein source. This recipe is relatively low in fat and a great source of complex carbohydrates. It's good fuel regardless of your fitness goal.
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tsp grass-fed butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 green onion, chopped
- ¼ cup onion, finely chopped
- Heat butter in skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and onion; sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add in the brown rice and turmeric. Stir for a minute to coat the rice.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Once the broth boils, cover skillet and simmer for 15 minutes.
- When the rice in done, fluff with a fork, top with green onions, and serve.