Who doesn't love chocolate mint? These rich, crunchy cookies taste just like childhood, yet they contain a healthy dose of Traditional Tonic Nourishing Collagen for the adult in you who cares about their skin, hair, and nails. This recipe may take a bit of time, but with simple ingredients and outstanding results, you'll be earning your cookie badge in no time!
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar, granulated
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp peppermint extract
- 1½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp table salt
- 3 scoop(s) gym & Tonic Collagen Protein
- With a handheld or stand mixer, beat the butter until smooth. Add the sugar and beat on medium high until fluffy.
- Add the egg, vanilla, and peppermint extract and beat on high until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour and cocoa powder. Whisk in the baking powder, salt, and Traditional Tonic.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet, mixing on slow speed.
- Once dough is formed, divide into two balls and roll each out into 1/4-inch thick sheets. Chill the dough in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Cut the dough into 2-inch circles and place on the lined cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 minutes, rotating the cookie sheets halfway through.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool for 5 minutes before moving them to a cooling rack.
- Drizzle the cooled cookies with melted white or dark chocolate.