If you're not eating salmon, you should be. It's high in quality amino acids and full of essential fatty acids. It's also an incredible protein source. Salmon definitely has a corner in the muscle-building market!
Perhaps you haven't regularly added salmon to your shopping cart because you aren't sure how to prepare it. If you're tired of mom's lemon-pepper recipe, more fish is not necessarily better. These six super-yummy, super-healthy salmon dishes will cure your boredom!
Ginger and salmon blend together perfectly. You'll enjoy the flavor almost as much as you will the health benefits!
Need something different than your regular chicken and broccoli? Salmon salad is a perfect take-to-work option.
Get your vitamin C and a great, tangy taste with this recipe. Because it's served with brown rice, it's a good option for long-term energy.
Salmon with Tomatoes
Mixing tomatoes with salmon is something most people don't ever consider. You'll be glad you did! The lycopene in this recipe offers additional antioxidant benefits.
For those burger lovers who hate the impact ground beef has on their waistline, try this alternative.
Salmon burgers are a great choice and contain a healthful blend of protein, complex carbs, and essential fats.
- 1 can of Salmon, drained with bones removed
- 1 Whole Egg, 2 Egg Whites
- 1/3 cup Raw Oatmeal
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped Parsley
- 1 tsp minced Garlic
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- In a bowl, combine salmon, eggs, oatmeal, parsley, and garlic until well blended.
- Form mixture into patties about 1/2 inches thick.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat and then place each patty on the pan.
- Cook patties for 4 minutes, flip, and then cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with a wholegrain bun or in a lettuce wrap. For extra flavor, smear bun or lettuce with a bit of Dijon mustard or low-fat mayonnaise mixed with lemon juice.
Serving Size 1 serving
Salmon Burgers PDF (13.1 KB)
This quick recipe is great for a busy weekday evening and will provide you with healthy fats and protein. Combine with your choice of sides and you'll have a meal in 20 minutes flat.