Mixing tomatoes with salmon is something most people don't ever consider. You'll be glad you did! The lycopene in this recipe offers additional antioxidant benefits.
- 2 fillet salmon fillet
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 slice, medium (1/4" thick) tomatoes, sliced
- 1 small (5-1/2" long) carrots, sliced
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley
- ⅛ cup low-fat parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil.
- Add salmon and sprinkle with cayenne pepper and paprika
- Cook for two minutes each side; add seasoning to the second side.
- Add tomatoes, chopped carrot, garlic, and parsley, and continue to cook for another 2-4 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and then serve alongside side of your choice.