| Name: Katie Barnes
Weight: 98 lbs
[ Q ] Tell us a little about yourself. What is your position at BB.com? How long have you worked here?
- I am the Clothing Manager here at Bodybuilding.com. I just had my one year anniversary. I get the cool job of helping design the clothing. I love feedback, so if you have any comments, concerns, or ideas
[ Q ] What was your workout/fitness/nutrition level before working at BB.com?
- I grew up playing
- and was always active in sports. So I worked out to become a better athlete. Once I stopped playing sports I turned towards weight lifting. I started dialing in my nutrition when I competed in a local NPC show in 2006.
Click Image To Enlarge.
I Started Dialing In My Nutrition When I
Competed In A Local NPC Show In 2006.
[ Q ] What does your workout routine consist of now (please give detailed weekly workout)?
- Every day I do 15 minutes of
- for a warm-up. Then I break my days up into:
- Leg Extensions: 3 sets
- Smith Machine Squats: 3 sets
- Stiff-Legged Deadlift: 3 sets
- Lying Leg Curls: 3 sets
- Thigh Abductor: 3 sets
Back And Biceps:
- Lat Pulldowns: 3 sets
- Seated Cable Rows: 3 sets
- Reverse Flyes: 3 sets
- Hyperextensions: 3 sets
- Incline Dumbbell Curl: 3 sets
- Cable Curls: 3 sets
- Hammer Curls: 3 sets
Shoulders And Triceps:
- Dumbbell Shoulder Press: 3 sets
- Front Dumbbell Raises: 3 sets
- Lateral Raises: 3 sets
- Arm Circles: 3 sets
- Overhead Rope Extensions: 3 sets
- Triceps Pushdowns: 3 sets
- Dips: 3 sets
[ Q ] What does your diet consist of now (please give detailed daily diet)?
- Right now I'm dieting for a contest, but not trying to get super lean. I am eating about 1600
- a day.
- 2 Chef Jay's Protein Cookies
[ Q ] What supplements have helped you reach your goals (please give daily supplement program)?
- I always take a
- and super
- . I love
- . It taste great, so it's easy to take. I also take
- before my workouts and I use
- for recovery. If I'm craving something sweet I eat
Chef Jay's Chocolate Chip Cookies
[ Q ] What is it like working at BB.com? Does it create a helpful fitness environment?
- Bodybuilding.com is the best place to work! It truly believes in health and fitness and encourages their employees to live a healthy lifestyle. Everyone supports one another in their fitness
- . It is more like a family than anything.
It is also one company that puts its customers first. It is great to see such a motivating environment where people care so much not only for co-workers but for customers.
Click Image To Enlarge.
Bodybuilding.com Truly Believes In Health And Fitness And
Encourages Their Employees To Live A Healthy Lifestyle.
[ Q ] How does the Bodybuilding.com environment influence your health, fitness and appearance goals?
- It definitely motivates me! Working in this environment you see all these amazing
- and stories. Hearing that everyday makes you want to go out there and set your own goals.
The gym reimbursement and book reading program is amazing. It encourages employees to get in the gym and read books to better themselves. Bodybuilding.com really lives up to its mission statement, "Information, Motivation, Supplementation."
[ Q ] What are your co-workers like?
- Well sitting next to Bieker keeps my days filled with entertainment. Everyone here is very friendly, motivating and positive. We all work together as a team to achieve our company goals.
[ Q ] Did someone from Bodybuilding.com inspire you to reach your goals?
- There are a lot people at Bodybuilding.com who inspire me. There were a handful of employees that competed in the local bodybuilding shows that had great transformations! I haven't met someone here that doesn't have a goal they strive for.
[ Q ] Have you inspired others with your new look and attitude?
- I really hope I have. I try to motivate others to live a happy and healthy lifestyle.
[ Q ] What is your favorite feature on the BB.com website?
- ! I also like the new
[ Q ] How does BB.com help to motivate/support you?
- I use the website to order my
- and get more information on diets and new exercises.
- is a huge motivating factor. When you see everyone's progress pictures and the shows they have done, it makes you believe you can achieve your own goals.
|GET MORE FROM BODYBUILDING.COM!|
[ Q ] Does practicing the bodybuilding lifestyle improve the productivity of Bodybuilding.com? If so, how?
- Of course. Working out and being healthy can also increase your energy. So I'm more efficient at work.
[ Q ] What are your future goals? Do you think working for BB.com will help you reach them?
- Work wise I would like to expand the clothing line. There's a lot more to come! In the near future I will be competing in the FLEX Bikini Contest and try and get my pro card in the Bikini Division.
Bodybuilding.com employees have been really encouraging and the website has been very useful. I am currently taking supplements from Bodybuilding.com to get my body in shape for these events.
Want To Work For Bodybuilding.com?
Company Info, Career Opportunities And More!
Ever wonder if we actually practice what we preach? Well, look no further. We are proud to announce "The Bodybuilding.com Fit Profile Of The Month". This new monthly feature has been created to share the successes and determination of each employee selected.