Achieve Your Dream Body
Achieve Your Dream Body With Diet & Exercise - How To Get Started & Benefits!
The Perks Of Achieving Your Dream Body
Are you dying to know how to get the body of your dreams? Do you want to be one of those people who walks into a room and makes every head turn and conversations stop? How does being self-confident, loving how you look, being full of energy, having a low risk of disease development and leading a higher quality and quantity of life sound to you? It sounds pretty good to me!
I've got a secret. I know how you can achieve all of these things. Patience, patience... I'm going to tell you. But before I spill the beans I've got to warn you. It's not a miracle pill, it's not a fad diet, and it's not the latest greatest thigh master machine.
Millions of people across the globe are struggling with their weight. Health and fitness seems to have fallen to the bottom of the priority list for so many and that is having severe repercussions on our society as a whole.
I have spoken with countless men and women who look in the mirror and are disgusted and frustrated by the physical reflection that they see. What happened?
Somewhere along the road, life got in the way. The thought of changing seems a daunting task but all it takes is making that first step. In order to motivate you towards a healthy change let's look at all the perks of achieving your very own fit physique!
If you make healthy eating choices and exercise (cardio and strength training) on a regular basis your dream body can be a reality. What's even better is that the rewards you reap by living fit go WAY beyond what you can see on the outside.
Benefits Of Diet & Exercise
Let's take a look at some of the benefits of exercise and proper diet.
- Achieve and maintain a healthy body weight.
- Reduce your risk of developing diseases.
- You can control and potentially eliminate diseases.
- Reduce or eliminate the amount of medications currently taking.
- Build and maintain healthy bones, muscles and joints.
- Reduce feelings of depression and anxiety.
- Maintain lower levels of stress and higher levels of well being.
- Reduce the risk of developing coronary heart disease or having a stroke.
- Stay active and functional in your later years.
- Stronger heart and lungs.
The list of benefits doesn't stop there! Here are some that you may not have even considered.
- Improved self-confidence and higher self-esteem.
- Be 20% smarter due to increase blood flow to the brain.
- Increased energy levels and lower fatigue levels.
- Improved relationships with spouse, boyfriend/girlfriend due to increased self esteem.
- Improved relationships with spouse, family, friends, co-workers due to greater feelings of well being, lower stress levels.
- Feeling proud of what you see when you look in the mirror.
- The ability to perform your job and other daily tasks at a higher level due to improved physical fitness.
- The ability to wear the clothes that you want to wear and know that you look great!
- The opportunity to set a healthy role model for your loved ones including children, spouse, friends or family members who may be struggling with their own health and fitness issues.
- The ability to start a chain reaction of fitness. People are always curious about what you are doing when they see your body start to transform, you have the opportunity to inspire and motivate others just by doing it yourself!
- The sweet satisfaction of knowing that YOU hold within yourself the power and the ability to make the right choices which will lead to a gorgeous body and a healthier YOU inside and out.
You would think with all of these wonderful benefits, everyone would want to stay on track and take care of their bodies. Unfortunately that is not the case. Obesity is a global epidemic. It is especially severe in the United States with over 30% of the population suffering from obesity and obesity related diseases, approximately 60% of the population is at least overweight.
More than 50% of the United States residents do not perform enough physical activity to reap any health benefits and 25% do absolutely NO physical activity in their leisure time.
These are very scary statistics and when you take into account that the health and lifespan of our children is on the decline that should serve as motivation to start making some changes.
Side Effects Of Being Overweight
I hear people joke all the time about their weight, but it's not a laughing matter when you look at how detrimental excess fat is to your health! Just take a look at some of the side effects and diseases which are related to being overweight or obese.
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Hypertension (High Blood Pressure)
- High Cholesterol
- Certain types of cancer
- Shorter life expectancy
- Increased risk of coronary heart disease
- Increased risk of stroke
- Increased risk of degenerative arthritis
- Orthopedic problems due to increased weight and stress on joints
- Female infertility
- Decline in libido
- Increased mental stress
- Skin disease
- Liver disease
Pretty scary isn't it? After taking a look at the benefits of exercise and proper nutrition versus the potential health risks, do you think it's time to make some changes? Are you ready to start your journey towards your dream body and overall improved wellness? If your answer is yes then you need to take action and start today.
Tips to Getting Started
Ask yourself WHY you want to change your body and your lifestyle. You must know what is motivating you in order to maintain focus when faced with temptation.
2 Accept Responsibility
Accept that you possess the power and the responsibility for all the choices that you make when it comes to food and exercise.
3 ultimate motivation
Once you have figured out what your ultimate motivation is, write it down or find a picture that reminds you of it. Keep it where you can see it every day!
4 Set Goals
Set goals for yourself, short term and long term goals. Write them down and keep them in a place where you can review them on a regular basis.
5 long term success
Start small. Trying to revamp your entire lifestyle in a week is not reasonable if you are looking for long term success. Find one or two small changes that you can commit to this week in your eating and exercise habits (add in a walk, take the stairs, limit and eventually eliminate the amount of sodas, cookies, candy or chips that you consume in a day).
Get rid of the temptation. Go through your house and literally throw out foods that are going to tempt you. Do this now. Don't wait until later when you may be less motivated to just get rid of them!
7 small changes
Each week continue to make small changes and be consistent with your commitments until they are habit.
8 Get Support
Find someone to support you. Maybe it is a spouse, friend or family member. Tell them about your goals so that they can encourage you. Set up a BodySpace profile and start making supportive fitness friends there as well!
9 Pick Activities
Find activities that you enjoy doing. There is such a wide variety of types of exercise for you to choose from, pick one that you will like to do on a regular basis.
10 A journey
Get excited. You are about to embark on a journey that will change your body and your life.
Can you attain the body of your dreams? You are the only one who can answer that question. Eliminate the thought of quick fixes and miracle pills from your mind. Anything that is worthwhile is going to take some time to attain. The most important thing is that you don't procrastinate for a minute longer!
Get motivated today, make a commitment, get your health and fitness on track and get that rockin' body as a perk to your new lifestyle. The sky is the limit when it comes to going after your fitness dreams and uncovering your true physical potential. The external and internal benefits you will reap are priceless!
Thinking Of Competing?
Fit Dreams Come True
Watch The Video - 10:27
Check out my website for the FAME camps and events (including the pro qualifier "Diana Chaloux's FAME South Central Championships & Sports Expo") that I will be hosting here in Texas. The camps are a time for you to ask questions and get answers about everything pertaining to competing with FAME!
We work on everything from motivation to marketing! If you are ready to compete, or just starting to think about it I encourage you to come join me in person, I would love to be a part of your journey to fitness success. For details, check my website www.dianachaloux.com or send your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will add you to my mailing list for event updates.
- Follow This Discussion by: