Healthy Recipes: Natalie Hodson's Strawberry Banana Oatmeal Protein Bake
This oatmeal protein bake is absolutely bomb! It's a healthier version of banana bread that easily satisfies your sweet tooth while delivering protein, complex carbs and healthy fats.
Once you've mastered the basic recipe, try flavoring it with a variety of fruits. Even the kids will love it!
Ground Flaxseed (Optional)
Unsweetened Almond Milk
1 1/2 cups
Bananas (Sliced fairly thin)
Strawberries (Sliced fairly thin)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl mix together dry ingredients.
- In another medium bowl mix together wet ingredients except fruit.
- Spray an 8" or 8.5" round or square baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Line the bottom of the round baking pan with one of the thinly-sliced bananas.
- Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients - make sure it is distributed evenly.
- Pour mixture on top the layer of sliced bananas.
- Cover with remaining sliced banana and sliced strawberries.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until top is golden brown, or inserted knife comes out clean.
Serving Size 4
- Follow This Discussion by:
Natalie, I see you are the first to use STEVIA. Congrats! I see all suplements all over the place contain sucralose or aspartame, known dangerous to our health, yet no manufacturer dares to use STEVIA, the only natural healthy sweetener without calories. I'm going for your recipe and can't wait to give it a try. THANKS!!!