An Interview With The President Of Scivation Marc Lobliner!
Marc Lobliner is the President of Scivation, Inc. He is a Certified Personal Trainer with over eight years of experience in the Health and Fitness Industry--including over four years with Weider Publications. Marc's education is in Marketing having attended college at California Lutheran University in Thousand Oaks, CA. as a Marketing Communications major and also graduating Cum Laude with a BS in Marketing.
The diet and training experts at his company have been helping people get into their best condition ever for many years. Derek "Beast" Charlebois is the founder of Beast Personal Training and is author of Tri-Phase Training and other training systems.
Marc Lobliner, through his vast experience in the industry and actually getting himself in AMAZING contest condition, is a renown expert on diet and training. These gentlemen have co-authored many books and have appeared in magazines such as Muscle & Fitness and Musclemag. Their one mission is to help you reach your goals.
Other than their amazing customer service, awesome personalized training and diet plans and super helpful "Derek Charlebois Form", they are probably best known for their line of supplements, especially Xtend. It was voted 2007 & 2008 "Glutamine Product of the Year". Here, I interview Marc about supplements, Xtend and the future of the company.
Marc Lobliner Interview
[ Q ] In September of 2007, Xtend, while not a virtual unknown, was not on Bodybuilding.com Top 50 supplement list. From April to May, it went from 31 to 30. And in June, it was #25 on the list. Why do you think people are starting to catch on to it, and how do you feel about it?
[ A ]
- It is the ONE supplement that I feel everyone could benefit from. It is ALL you need during training. Your body rapidly depletes
- during training, and this product gets it right back in there!
Also, unlike whey or another bonded protein, it is free form, so it gets absorbed immediately. Thus, you get an "injection" of these necessary nutrients immediately and the Citrulline Malate helps with vasodilation and delivery of the nutrients as well as its own endurance and recovery benefits.
- Leucine is the anabolic trigger and alongside its other great buffering and anticatabolic benefits, Glutamine preserves Leucine! BANG!
We didn't just look at a list of hot items and put it in a jar. Our team of researchers, including Chuck Rudolph, MEd, RD, FORMULATED this to be the perfect workout drink. The fact that it is a great tasting supplement doesn't hurt either!
The fact is, people are tired of the empty promises. They are going with what works. Xtend works, and, well, you NEED it!
- We also have the best customer service in the industry and will go out of our way to make sure that once someone purchases our products, we will provide FREE diet and training for them for as long as we exist (which will be a LONG time!) through
- and guru
[ Q ] Why do you think you won the best glutamine supplement award last year?
[ A ]Glutamine
- is a critical component in Xtend!
[ Q ] What makes it a standout product?
[ A ]
- The fact that it is all you need for training. It eliminates the need for pre- and post-workout shakes, and it tastes amazing!
Also, the team behind it and Lab tests show that we stand firmly behind the quality of our supplements.
[ Q ] How long do you give it before it eventually moves into the Top 10 products sold on Bodybuilding.com?
[ A ]
- I honestly do not care. As long as we can keep our customers happy, help people reach their
- , provide the best supplements on the market, and pay our bills, we are all smiles over here!
But in all honesty, I would love to crack the top 10 by mid 2009!
[ Q ] Do you think you do as much advertising as some of your top competitors?
[ A ]
- HECK YES! We just use different avenues other than the print magazines, although we do those too. We have studies being performed on several products as we speak and those cost a lot!
[ Q ] What is your main marketing tactic (without giving away secrets) regarding advertising?
[ A ]
- Customer service! Sneaky, huh?
[ Q ] Your company is known for it's customer service. Your dedication to your legions of "fans" and buyers is famous on Bodybulding.com. Why do you go the lengths you do?
[ A ]
- It all started at Weider Publications. I met with d@mn near every supplement company there was. What made me angry, as a consumer, is that they almost seemed to have disdain for consumers. That is WRONG! Without customers, we do not exist.
So when Scivation started, we decided that our mission would be to help people reach their goals. As long as we do that, we will succeed. Nothing is better than helping to change someone's life for the better!
[ Q ] Who do you think is your main competition in the "Glutamine" and "Muscle Building" category?
[ A ]
- I have no clue! If/when nominated, what are other products in your product line do you think could be winners next year, and why?
Our Whey has revolutionized taste, value and quality in the 10lb Whey market, so that would be cool. Vasocharge is the pre-workout KING, and the new and improved Dialene 4x will be out in 4-6 weeks and I think it will turn some heads and shed a TON of fat!
- Solution 5, our Meal Beverage, is going to revolutionize the category and even create a category of its own. It is the Cut Diet in a bottle!
[ Q ] Do you have any new products that have been great sellers this year?
[ A ]
- Every single product is doing well.
[ Q ] What does the future of your company hold in terms of supplements, advertising, etc.?
[ A ]
- We will keep on doing what we are doing! We will add some more staples to our line, such as a
- /GLA supplement and some new additions to our Whey protein line. And DO NOT forget Solution 5!
As always, the customer comes first, and Team Scivation will remain FREE for everyone!