12 Tips For A Bikini-Ready Body!
Summer is here again! Whether you're within reach of your bikini body, or would like to gather your ammo and fine tune for next year, here are some safe, all-natural diet tips, taken from the book, "The Bikini Diet."
Summer is here again! Whether you're within reach of your bikini body, or would like to gather your ammo and fine tune for next year, here are some safe, all-natural diet tips, taken from the book, "The Bikini Diet" by Maggie Greenwood-Robinson, PhD.
"The Bikini Diet" Tips
1Nutrition from Calories
Shoot for 25-35 grams of fiber per day.
If you get hungry, eat a few ounces of protein to tide you over until your next meal.
Eat at least two servings of fish per week to get healthy fats.
5Add Some Spice
Drink green tea liberally—it helps burn fat.
Try not to let yourself get bored, stressed out or depressed, if possible. Try yoga, meditation, and herbs such as kava and ginseng for stress. Regular exercise, journaling and supplements such as fish, St. Johns wort and 5-HTP can help alleviate depression.
9Wait the Cravings out
Outwait your food cravings. They generally last no longer then 10 minutes.
Distract yourself with a nonfood related activity, such as exercising, reading, pursuing a favorite hobby, listening to music, writing letters, surfing the internet (like you are now) or soaking in a hot bath.
Make a list of 25 things to do rather then eat, and keep it handy for times when you feel tempted to eat (when you shouldn't).
Herbal Remedies That Fight Bloating
Do you have a little excess water weight (bloating) you'd like to shed? If you are heading out in a bikini, you'll want it gone! Try one of these herbal tricks for bloat. (Herbal combinations in capsules or teas are also available for water retention. Follow manufacturer's instructions.)
Bonus Brenda Kelly's Emergency 7 - 14 Day Diet
- Since I tend to drift from drinking enough water, I start drinking at least 10 cups a day right away. The last 3-4 days while drinking herbal diuretic tea, I cut my water in half.
- Get in one hour of cardio each day at low-middle intensity.
- Every day, do a full-body workout with light weights, alternating two different programs. Do your abdominals every day.
- If I can't get to the gym, I'll do a circuit workout at home. I do 15 deep squats, 20 forward lunges, 15 push-ups and 25 sit-ups. I repeat this circuit 4 times through.
- Take a fat burner 3 times a day. I use Xenadrine EFX. Make sure you read your labels and monitor the way you feel if you are new to fat burners.
- Do not eat after 6 p.m.
- Eat clean, staying away from gaseous foods such as cabbage, onions, broccoli, tomatoes, beans, fruit and dairy products.
- Eat 4-5 slightly smaller meals a day. Go easy on the condiments. For the last three days during the diuretic phase, omit any high-salt food and condiments, and drink distilled water.
- Drink herbal diuretic tea for the last three days before your target date. Be watchful of any ill affects of any new product you try. There are a lot to choose from if one does not work out. The flushing properties of any diuretic only lasts for around 3-6 days depending on your system. Do not take diuretics all of the time because they will lose their effectiveness.
- Take a multivitamin with minerals. You loose a lot of minerals through taking diuretics.
- Take an Epsom salt bath for the last two nights (naturally draws excess water from the tissues that cause bloating).
- Paint on a body and face bronzer. A tanned body appears more fit and trim.
- Get a facial. The healthy glow makes a big difference.
- Men often look pounds lighter and more fit in swimsuit situations if they remove excess body hair (for some, this takes real commitment).
- Don't forget to center yourself. Serenity, gratitude and love of life are really the great beautifiers.