There's no such thing as having too many healthy recipes. Variation and experimentation keep food fun and your diet from growing intolerable. Even if you're a master of your "fit kitchen," these recipes will make an awesome addition to your collection.
Pull up a chair and give these delicious recipes a look—and then a taste! I guarantee you'll find more than one that will make you stop everything and run to the nearest grocery store. If you have any questions, hit me up in the comments below. Eat well and hit your fitness goals!
Lean Beef Spinach Meatball Pasta
Delicious, quick, affordable, and healthy: those are the qualities I look for when I'm planning my diet. That's why I like incorporating meatballs into my weekly meal prep. Not only can I make them using different meats, but I can pack in a lot of delicious protein at a small cost with little hassle. Add your carb source and veggies, and you've got a certified muscle-building meal without breaking the bank.
- 6 oz lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup shredded raw spinach
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tbsp cumin
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 oz wheat spinach pasta
- 1/8 cup marinara (natural and low sodium)
- 1 1/2 cup raw spinach
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp low fat parmesan cheese
- Set oven to 405 degrees F.
- For added flavor, saute the red onions in a skillet using spray olive or coconut oil.
- Mix together ground beef, chopped raw spinach, red onion, garlic, and spices. Mix thoroughly using your hands until the spinach is completely mixed into the meat.
- Form two or three meatballs of roughly the same size using your hands. For accuracy, you can use a food scale to weigh and measure each portion.
- Place meatballs on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Cook pasta and stir in tomatoes, spinach, and cheese as desired.
- Mix in cooked meatballs and enjoy!
Fit Men Cook BBQ Spinach Meatballs
Watch The Video - 0:15
Spinach-Tomato-Feta Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast with Brown Rice
If you're looking for a way to spice up your routine chicken breast recipe, then give this recipe a try! I must warn you, though: You may never eat a regular chicken breast again! It's also highly likely that you'll spend the rest of your days trying to make each attempt of this recipe better than the last!
- Set oven to 375 degrees F.
- Slice the chicken breast down the middle to make it look like a butterfly; be careful not to slice all the way through the chicken breast.
- Season the chicken breast with your choice of seasonings.
- Open the chicken breast and, on one side, layer spinach, tomato slices, and feta cheese.
- Fold the chicken breast like a sandwich and use toothpicks to hold the chicken breast closed.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the chicken breast is completely cooked.
- Cook brown rice and add garlic and diced onion for extra flavor.
- Plate chicken and brown rice.
Fit Men Cook Stuffed Chicken Breast
Watch The Video - 0:15
Mustard Baked Salmon with Grilled Asparagus
Not only is salmon packed with protein, it's also full of healthy fats and nutrients. By all accounts, salmon is one of the best protein sources to add to your diet, but it can be difficult to cook and enjoy. It often takes trial and error to get your salmon recipe just right. I can save you time and heartache by sharing one of the easiest, tastiest recipes for salmon I know. You'll likely already have all of the ingredients in your refrigerator. Enjoy!
- 5 oz wild salmon (measured raw)
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Juice from half of a lemon
- 1 1/2 cup grilled asparagus
- 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- Set oven to 405 degrees F.
- In a bowl, mix mustard, olive oil, garlic, and lemon juice.
- Pour the marinade over the salmon to completely cover it. For better flavor, place the marinating salmon in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Place the salmon on a baking sheet and top with slices of lemon (if desired). Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Cut the bottom stems off the asparagus spears.
- Set a nonstick skillet on medium high heat and lightly spray with coconut or olive oil (if desired).
- Toss the asparagus and garlic in the skillet and sear for about 5 minutes, rolling the asparagus so that all sides are seared.
- Plate asparagus with salmon and eat up!
Lean Body Gold Bar Banana Split with Protein Ice Cream
So you've just demolished your workout and even hit a personal best on one of those stubborn lifts you've been stuck on. Now, you only have one thing on your mind: refuel! Instead of racing to the grocery store to stock up on Ben & Jerry's, reach for your case of Labrada ISO LeanPro and a Gold Bar. With them, you can create a muscle-building banana split that's so good even Mr. Olympia would shed tears of joy.
- 7 oz Greek yogurt
- 1/2 scoop ISO LeanPro
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 Lean Body Gold Bar (Caramel Peanut Protein Bar)
- 1 medium-large sized banana
- Optional: 3 chopped/diced strawberries
For ice cream:
- Place Lean Body Gold Bar in the freezer or refrigerator.
- In a bowl, mix Greek yogurt, protein powder, and vanilla extract. Whip until completely smooth.
- Place the bowl in the refrigerator for 1.5-2 hours or until desired firmness is reached.
- Slice a banana in half vertically and place in a bowl.
- Place Lean Body Gold bar in blender and pulse until it breaks into chunks.
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer. Using an ice cream scoop, dig out the ice cream and place on top of the cut banana.
- Sprinkle with the broken chunks of the candy bar and, if desired, fresh fruit.
If you want to increase the protein content, add 1 full scoop of protein. To add more carbs, use one full Lean Body Gold bar.
Lean Pro 8, Banana, Blueberry, and Oatmeal Pancakes
A simple nutrition plan will ensure you go the distance and have a lifetime of good health. There's no need to use store-bought pancake mix full of flour and sugar. All you need is oatmeal and Lean Pro 8. The creamy taste of Lean Pro 8 vanilla sets these protein pancakes apart from all others you may have tried. Be careful not to sample the batter&mdash it may not make it to the skillet. And yes, I'm speaking from experience. It's that good!
- 1 scoop Lean Pro 8
- 1/2 cup egg whites (or 3 egg whites)
- 1/2 cup oatmeal (uncooked)
- 1/2 medium banana
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Place raw, uncooked oatmeal in a blender or food processor and blend until it becomes fine flour.
- Add eggs, banana, protein powder, and baking powder and pulse blend until smooth.
- Toss blueberries into the batter and mix using a spatula or spoon.
- Place a skillet on medium-high heat and measure out about 1/8 cup or 2 tbsp of batter per pancake.
- Cover the pancakes while they cook to help the inside cook faster. Cook them for about 45 seconds to 1 minute on the first side, and then about 30-45 sec on the other side.
Lean and Green Meal Replacement Smoothie
When I first started drinking green smoothies, I immediately felt a difference in my energy and digestion. And now, with the new Lean Body Natural protein, I can enjoy the same delicious, natural green smoothie with an extra boost of protein complemented by a faint hint of vanilla! This is just the fuel you need to power through the day or your next workout. Your taste buds will thank you just as much as your muscles will!
- 1 scoop Lean Body Natural Protein
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 1/2 small avocado
- 1/3 banana
- 1/4 cup pineapple
- 3 strawberries (raw or freshly frozen)
- Small bundle of wheatgrass (about 1/4 oz)
- 1/4 cup water
- Ice for desired thickness
- 1/4 cup uncooked oatmeal for added heartiness
- 1/2 celery stalk
- Add ingredients to a blender and mix until smooth.
- Instead of using ice, you can freeze the fruit to chill the smoothie.
- Optional: If you'd like to pack more complex carbs and make the shake thicker and more filling, add 1/4 cup of uncooked oatmeal.
Rocket Hica and Protein Dixie Cup Popsicles
These are pretty epic, I must admit. Do you remember the old-school rocket pops you devoured as a kid? Well, these are better. Really! Not only do these popsicles taste amazing, but they are also packed with protein and BCAAs to help you build muscle and boost recovery. Enjoy these with a scoop of ISO Lean Pro Protein after your next workout.
- 12 tablets Hica-Max (red color)
- 1.5 scoop ISO Lean Pro
- 1.5 cup blueberries or blackberries (or mixture of two)
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1/3 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 medium banana
- 6 three-ounce Dixie cups
- 6 popsicle sticks
- Add red Hica-Max candies to a blender and grind into a powder. Then, add strawberries and raspberries to the powdered candies and blend until smooth. Pour contents into a cup or bowl and set aside.
- Add blueberries (or blackberries) to the blender and blend until smooth. Pour contents into a cup or bowl and set in the refrigerator.
- Add banana, Greek yogurt, and ISO LeanPro to the blender and blend until smooth. Pour the contents into a cup or bowl and set aside in the refrigerator.
- Pour the Hica-Max and strawberry mixture evenly into the six Dixie cups. Place cups in the freezer for about one hour.
- Remove the Dixie cups from the freezer and place popsicle sticks vertically into the cups. Add the banana protein mixture evenly between the cups and then top with blueberry mixture. Each cup should have three layers.
- Place in the freezer for at least four hours.
- Enjoy these after a nice workout!
Serving Size (1 popsicle)