Delicious, quick, affordable, and healthy: those are the qualities I look for when I'm planning my diet. That's why I like incorporating meatballs into my weekly meal prep. Not only can I make them using different meats, but I can pack in a lot of delicious protein at a small cost with little hassle. Add your carb source and veggies, and you've got a certified muscle-building meal without breaking the bank.
- 6 oz lean ground beef
- ½ cup spinach
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup spinach noodles
- ⅛ cup marinara sauce
- 1½ cup spinach
- 5 tomato cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp low-fat parmesan cheese
- Set oven to 405 degrees F.
- For added flavor, saute the red onions in a skillet using spray olive or coconut oil.
- Mix together ground beef, chopped raw spinach, red onion, garlic, and spices. Mix thoroughly using your hands until the spinach is completely mixed into the meat.
- Form two or three meatballs of roughly the same size using your hands. For accuracy, you can use a food scale to weigh and measure each portion.
- Place meatballs on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Cook pasta and stir in tomatoes, spinach, and cheese as desired.
- Mix in cooked meatballs and enjoy!