Name: Melissa Larsen
Why I Got Started
Wow, all I can say is this has been such a journey. I always wanted to compete and get in great shape; like girls I always would see in magazines, and say, "I want to look like that." I finally decided after 3 years to start this journey. I found myself an amazing trainer, Felicia Romero, and decided to dedicate myself for the next 12 weeks.
From that day to now I would say I have learned more about myself in those 3 months then in my 26 years. I pushed myself harder than I ever thought was possible and learned that my body and mind are so much stronger than I allowed myself to believe.
Before I decided I wanted to step on stage and compete, I always had trainers and told them that this was my goal but was always afraid to do it. I'm so happy I decided to make this next step in my life and so proud of myself. There were so many days I wanted to throw in the towel, but that's when your mind and body kick in and that little something in you keeps going.
If you don't want to change, unfortunately, you won't. You have got to want it. I have always struggled with depression and drinking but now I don't think about either one at all. I can just hit the gym and that is always my #1 fix. I wanted to live a healthy way of life and I am so happy I finally took that next step.
I was tired of always letting myself down and looking at magazines and reading about my different fitness idols, so I said to myself, "I can do this!" I finally got started when I decided I wanted to make a change and was ready.
I have a lot of good girlfriends getting into the sport and would go and watch them compete and support them. I always remember the energy backstage and the feeling of accomplishment they all had, and I wanted to feel that way too.
Like I said, I struggled with other things and not believing in myself until I just started doing it and before I knew it, I was on stage!
Click Image To Enlarge.
I'm So Happy I Decided To Make This Next Step
In My Life And So Proud Of Myself.
How I Did It
I searched to find someone in the industry that I connected with and felt could take me to the next level, and thank God I found Felicia Romero. She is amazing and was there for me every step of the way. I also had a lot of other great people in the industry helping me out as well, that made it that much easier and fun.I stayed focused and just remembered the goal I wanted for myself at the end; to step on stage.
Click Image To Enlarge.
I Stayed Focused And Just Remembered The Goal
I Wanted For Myself At The End; To Step On Stage.
- Gaspari Nutrition Mitotropin
- Dymatize All Natural Elite Whey Protein Isolate
- Champion Digestive Enzymes
Note: Supplement schedule and dosages are shown below in the diet section.
- 1 Cup of Oatmeal
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1 serving of Multivitamins
- 1 Serving of Champion Digestive Enzymes
- 1 Serving of Gaspari Nutrition Mitotropin
- Lat Pulldown: 2 sets of 12 reps
- V Bar Lat Pulldown: 2 sets of 12 reps
- One Arm Dumbbell Row: 2 sets 12 reps
- Lunges: 1 set of 12 reps per leg
- Leg Extensions: 5 sets of 15 reps
- Smith Squats: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Leg Press: 4 sets of 12-15 reps
- Pullups: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Cable Low Row: 3 sets of 20 reps
- V Bar Standing Row: 3 sets of 20 reps
- Lat Pulldown: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Lunges/Lying Leg Curls: 4 sets of 6-15 reps
- Seated Leg Curl: 5 sets 10-15 reps
- Glute Kickbacks: 3 sets 20 reps
- Lunges: 3 sets 12 reps
- Lateral Raises: 3 sets of 20 reps
- Shoulder Presses: 3 sets 0f 12 reps
- Arnold Press: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Upright Row: 3 sets of 12 reps
Day 1: Back
Day 2: Quads
Day 3: Back
Day 4: Off
Day 5: Glutes/Hamstrings
Day 6: Shoulders
Day 7: Rest
I do Cardio 6 days a week as well.
Suggestions For Others
Don't give up and make sure you surround yourself with others who believe in you. No matter your age or your past you can always make a change and feel what you have always wanted!
|Share This Article: