Looking to get more muscular but don't have any weights at home or very minimal? No problem! Here's proof that working out at home can get you the results you are looking for. Below are 5 members of the Bodybuilding.com community who do workouts at home and some of their protocols are pretty clever. Check them out!
Deck Of Cards
This is a great workout! You assign an exercise to a suit and randomly draw 24 cards and perform the allocated exercise for the reps shown on the card. If your workout isn't intense enough shuffle the deck and draw another 24 cards.
My Line Up
- Hearts = Burpees
- Diamonds = 10kg Medicine Ball Squat Thrust card value x2 reps
- Spade = Mountain Climbers card value x8 reps
- Club = Rope Turns Number card value x10 reps
- Joker = Row Machine 500m
- Ace = 12 reps
- Face = 10 reps
- 5-10 = Number Shown
- 2-4 = 5 reps
Bit of a marathon workout and was dripping in sweat by the end. HR was generally 160-170 with big peaks following the rowing. I got the first joker around 3/5ths in and then as I only have one I finished with the final row sprint—1 min 48 and 1 min 54 respectively. After each of those on the crappy row machine without proper resistance I was pretty gone.
Once finished I did maybe 5 minutes skipping at an easy rate, just to loosen up.
I do this circuit at home...I have to work with what I got.
Circuit: 2 rounds
- Rope Jumping: 5 minutes
- Elevated Push-ups: 1 set of 15 reps
- Clean and Press: 1 set of 10 reps
- Chin-ups: 1 set of 10 reps
- Burpees: 1 set of 10 reps
- Pull-ups: 1 set of 10 reps
- Split Squat: 1 set of 10 reps
- Alligator Push-ups: 1 set of 15 reps
- Front Dumbbell Squats: 1 set of 12 reps
- Dumbbell Swings: 1 set of 12 reps
- Rope Jumps Fast: 1 set of 100 reps
This should be performed while wearing a 20lb weighted vest.
Deck Of Cards
- Clubs = 20lb Medicine Ball Overhead Slam
- Spades = Rope Turns x10 reps
- Diamond = Mountain Climbers x5 reps
- Hearts = Burpees
- Joker = 1 Minute Max Cycle
- Aces = 12 Reps
- K, Q, J, 10 = 10 Reps
- 5-9 = Number on card
- 2-4 = 5 Reps
Here's a pretty good full body bodyweight routine:
- Elevated Push-up: 1 set of 15 reps
- Handstand Push-ups: 1 set of 15 reps
- Pull-Ups: 1 set of 15 reps
- One Legged Squat: 1 set of 15 reps
- Leg Raise: 1 set of 15 reps
- Barbell Rows: 1 set of 15 reps
- Knee Jump: 1 set of 15 reps
- Dips: 1 set of 15 reps
- Stiff-Legged Deadlift: 1 set of 15 reps
- Burpees: 1 set of 25-50 Reps
- Shrugs: 1 set of 15 reps
- Calf Raises: 1 set of 15 reps
- Wrist Roll: 1 set of 15 reps
- Crunches: 1 set of 15 reps
Just had a decent session this evening after this mornings 90 minute yoga session.
Circuit: 10 rounds
- Burpees: 1 set of 8 reps
- Mountain Climbers: 1 set of 30 reps
- Rope Jumps: 1 set of 120 reps
- Dumbbell Swings: 1 set of 10 reps
- Rope Jumps: 1 set to failure
My arms and legs were pretty tired earlier from this morning and I've been on keto for 5 days to drop water so this wasn't the most intense workout, but I certainly felt like it.
So if you want to test out a new workout to get your heart rate up, burn some calories, and develop your muscles, give these routines a try.
[ Exercises ]
[ Workout Equipment ]