How To Look Like A Fitness Model Without Being One!
Below is the complete fitness model program minus the trials and errors that were experienced while putting it together. Apply the following program now to get that great model look without actually being one!
Hello Fitness Friend.
I am delighted to be sharing with you my Fitness ModelTM Program, which is dedicated to you, helping you achieve your fitness, weight loss, and lifestyle goals, with the added benefit of looking like a coveted cover girl!
With 20 years of experience in the modeling business, with the last 4 focused intensively in the Fitness Industry, I pride myself in helping others look and feel their very best, with the least amount of effort by providing them all the right information which took me so long to uncover.
Excited by the fact that now YOU don't have to go through all of my trials and errors that I did, I warmly invite you to get as much as you can out of this innovative program, which is so easily laid out in front of you to enjoy.
It's my mission to continue to share and shine my light that my Higher Power has blessed me with, to help others realize and achieve their lifestyle goals because I believe that everyone deserves to increase the quality of their life.
My mission statement is "to help increase the quality of everyone's life" and I know that if you apply the principles found in this program your quality of life will increase with joy, health, wellness, beauty from the inside out, and you will be enormously blessed!
From my heart to yours, Smile,
Jennifer Nicole Lee
To Succeed in this Program, You Have to Be Your BEST!
- B- BEAUTY Learn what the top Fitness Models do to be their Most Beautiful Selves!
- E- EXERCISE Learn how to Work Out Smarter, not Harder to Gain Max Results in Minimum Time, and how to Enjoy the Journey of Becoming your Absolute Fittest!
- S- SUPPLEMENTS/ FOOD PLAN Learn What Supplements and Fitness Model Foods You Must Eat to Lose Weight, Gain Sleek & Sexy Muscle Tone!
- T- TIME Learn How to Budget Your Time and How to Get Time to Work for You! Learn How to Create Time for You & Put YOU back on your To-Do List, in order to achieve the Fitness ModelTM Look!
There are certain essential beauty rituals that all fitness models do religiously. Whether it's tanning their skin to the perfect brown golden glow, whitening their teeth or working out with weights to create beautiful lines in their body and physique, there's one thing is for sure: These are principles and staples that every and all fitness models covet.
In this chapter you will discover the fitness model beauty essentials. Here are the tools, tips and techniques that most fitness models rely upon to look and feel their absolute best!
"Don't Bake it, fake it!"-JNL
There is an exact science to achieving the perfect golden glow! When I began fitness modeling, I didn't know all the sequential steps that went into achieving a dark skin tone to show off all of the body's lines, symmetry, and feminine muscle tone.
Benefits to tanning:
- You can actually "tan off" about 5 good pounds! All fitness models and those in the fitness industry rely upon this trade secret. They know that the body looks leaner and more toned with a darker skin color.
- Your teeth appear whiter when you have a tan.
- Your skin appears healthier when you are tan, thus smoothing out discolorations, and more.
There's no doubt that having a tan makes you feel thinner, sexier and healthier, and look more like a fitness model. These days baking in the sun is becoming increasingly more unpopular as more women realize the sun's UV rays age skin faster than anything.
If you're ready to skip laying out but don't want to give up radiant glowing skin, self-tanners are a fitness model's best friend. Self-tanners can darken skin for up to a week thanks to dihydroxyacetone, or DHA, the magical ingredient!
List of Tanning Tools
- Exfoliating gloves
- Shaving essentials (shaving cream and razors)
- "Tanning" Pajamas (black, long sleeved and long pants)
- "Tanning" bed sheets (that you can stain and not care about)
Two things you must do before you tan!
- Exfoliate your entire body and face.
- Shave and/or wax your legs, underarms, and your bikini line.
Fitness Model Factoid: To Laser or Not to Laser, this is the Question!
I am pretty much an old school kind of gal but when it came to moving on from waxing to laser, I was sold. I got sick and tired of waiting at my local neighborhood waxing "stand" only to have the hair quickly grow back a week later. I highly suggest at least investing in getting laser done on your bikini line area for many reasons:
- Your hair doesn't grow back as fast.
- Ingrown hairs won't bother you anymore.
- Quality of your skin in that delicate area is softer and over waxing can leave it feeling irritated.
If you do get laser, numbing gel is a MUST! Purchase a small tube from your med-spa and ask your aesthetician to apply it to your bikini area before your laser treatment.
Even though I love my laser treatments, you can't get them on your lip or brows. Choose waxing instead for these delicate facial areas.
5 Tips for Self-tanning Your Face and Body
Tip 1: Safety First!
Forgo the beds, and go to a tanning salon for a professional application.
If you want a goof-free, professionally applied tan, and have the budget to afford it, head to a spa or salon. For upwards of $60.00, you can get one of many options:
Full body exfoliation and professional application of self-tanner, airbrush bronzing (where an aesthetician sprays a fine mist of tanner over your entire body), or your least expensive option: spray tanning. You can step into a booth and get sprayed on all sides for around $20.00 a session. Check out Hollywood Tans and Mystic Tans, two popular spray tan chains.
Tip 2: Tanning of the Face (How to NOT Look Like a Freak!)
This is a four-step process.
Pull hair up in a ponytail before you start so you don't miss any parts.
- First, prep skin by gently cleansing and exfoliating. Skip moisturizer, which may interfere with the tanner. Again, apply no creams on the face.
- Step two: Apply under eye cream. According to major make up artists, you want the color of your skin to be lighter under the eyes; it makes you look younger.
- Step three: blend a few drops of self-tanner and equal parts moisturizer in the palm of your hand then apply over face and neck. You only want to go one shade darker than your natural color.
- Step four: Let color develop for three hours then follow up with a sweep of bronzer on forehead, cheeks and nose—areas where the sun naturally shines. Don't forget: Smooth remaining tanner over earlobes and upper ears. You don't want white ears and a darker face! Wash hands thoroughly and most importantly, don't skip the sunscreen! You don't want to bake it, just fake it!
Tip 3: How to Self-Tan Your Body
I have simplified this tasking procedure into a simple four-step process.
- Start by exfoliating skin with a body scrub in the shower paying special attention to rough areas including knees and elbows (dry skin absorbs higher concentrations of tanner). Shave before you tan!
- Rub Vaseline on cuticles and nails. This protects your manicure and keeps fingertips and nails from staining. Or even better, you can use those Dr. surgical gloves that you can find at your local pharmacy to stain proof your hands.
- Apply tanner limb by limb, starting with your legs. Apply over the shin and calf, sweeping tanner down over your ankle, foot and toes. Then apply tanner to your thigh from front to back, using the excess to cover your knee; repeat on your other leg.
- For the final step, apply tanner to your hips, stomach and torso, following with your shoulders and arms. Wait 10 minutes to dry before dressing and avoid any excessive activity that will make you sweat for at least a few hours. If your tan hasn't set, sweat could cause streaking.
Tip 4: Pick the right tanner
There are several types of tanners: Tanners created just for the face, airbrush tanners, cream tans, bronzing gel, tinted tans and tan enhancers. There's body shimmer and bronzing powder. You can layer tanners as colors fade. How? Apply a lotion then follow with bronzing powder or shimmer; just be careful not to go too dark.
Here are a list of my TOP Self Tanners:
- Jan Tana On Stage Competition Color
- Jan Tana Fast Tan—Use this if you need a fast natural looking immediate tan
- Jergen's Natural Glow Face Daily Moisturizer
- Jergen's Natural Glow Express—it's a body moisturizer as well
Tip 5: So you messed up, uh-oh!
If you end up with a streaky tan, don't fret! You can fix with an astringent toner or even toothpaste. Exfoliate to even out a patchy application. If it's not dark enough, repeat the procedure. Just make sure you gave the tan enough time to develop.
Tanning Tip: To remove tanner from palms without washing off product from the tops of your hands, rub palms along a wet washcloth, making sure to get in between fingers. I again highly recommend simply wearing the surgical gloves.
To top off your newly sun kissed tan, give arms, legs and décolletage a subtle glow with a body shimmer.
To create fake fab abs, create a contour with the tanner. I suggest flexing your stomach muscles in front of mirror, leaning to the side to see where your "ab line" is and then tracing the outside of your muscle with a bit of tanner on your finger. Do the same to the other side. Once it dries, do an all-over coat.
Skin Care Guide
"Your skin is the largest organ of your body so always give it the upmost TLC." -JNL
Why do fitness models have skin that is so healthy and glowing? Because they don't drink, don't smoke, and don't tan in the beds! Just like my mom said: "Abstaining" works! Alcohol, cigarettes, and too much sun will make you look old fast!
Don't let those aging free radicals run around in your skin!
And as you know, your skin is the largest organ of your body, so take care of it!
"Golden brown skin, glowing rosy cheeks, flawless skin, long butterfly lashes, piercing eyes, and luscious shiny lips: These are all trademarks of that super woman, fitness model look! " -JNL
- Skin: Skin is sun drenched, brushed lightly with bronzers, which gives you the look of being radiantly sun bathed. Choose a foundation as close to your new tan color, blending from the neck up, not allowing your neck and face to be two different colors. Use a foundation sponge to gently blend the foundation evenly onto your skin.
- Cheeks: Are neutral toned, and appear dewey if touched. Forgo the matt or heavy color, as your skin needs to breath through the colors, allowing the shimmery color to enhance and not take away from your skin.
- Eyes: Some women mistake everyday for being Halloween. Have you ever seen at times women who could be mistaken for Cruella Deville or Elvira? As the saying goes, eyes are the window to your soul—aim not to use a heavy hand with the black eyeliner as it ends up giving you an aged rather than youthful look! Raccoon eyes are a big no-no.
- Eyebrows: Eyebrows are the key to a groomed look. They frame your eyes, therefore are very important and are one feature you should always be attentive to. Make sure not to over pluck away your natural brow shape but rather under tweeze to be on the safe side. If you need to fill in empty spaces, use an eyebrow pencil or shadow with an eyebrow brush.
- Lips: Do not mistake your brown eyeliner for your lip liner! Lips need to be moist, natural, exfoliated, moisturized and pleasantly plump. There is no real need for Injectables such as Restylane. You can get the same effect with an over the counter lip plumper. Two of my favorites are Freeze 24/7 and Lip Injection.
- Neck: Always use a skin-firming lotion religiously in this area! As the old adage goes there are two places that show a woman's age—her neck and her hands. Use a major skin care line neck firming cream or an inexpensive over the counter skin firming screen—it does not matter. Make sure to start application from the back of your neck forward; do not aggressively stroke, simply pat.
Supplements And Food: How To Eat like a Fitness Model
Food Plan Formula
"Fitness Models EAT! They don't starve themselves & they don't eat accidentally!" -JNL
There is a certain formula to follow when eating!
Eat breakfast like a QUEEN, lunch like a Princess, and dinner like a Peasant! This cute adage will keep you focused on how important it is to trickle down your calories through out the day!
- Lean Source of Protein (4oz) + 1/2 cup to 1 cup of Fibrous Carb (1/2 if fruit, 1 cup if vegetable) + Whole Grain Carb (1/2 cup) = Food Plan Formula
Note: Follow this Formula, except at dinner, where you take out the Whole Grain Carb.
Those following this program take out the whole grain carb at dinner, because they are working with their bodies to burn off fat and build muscle in their workouts the morning after. If you were to eat that complex carb at night, you would wake up with more carbs to burn off. Make sense?
- Breakfast: This is the most important meal of the day! Don't do what I used to long ago, and NOT eat breakfast thinking it was going to help me save calories. If you skip breakfast, you will only become super ravenous by mid day, and end up eating more than you should. Skipping breakfast will also slow down your metabolism, which you don't want.
- Mid-morning Snack: Urgent! Never wait until lunch to eat again after breakfast. You need to eat at a small mini-meal, protein bar, or a protein shake in between the two. Aim at a 200 calorie minimeals, or protein shake or protein bar to help you keep your energy levels high, and to fight off a huge binge at lunch!
- Lunch: Lunch is very important. Don't forgo lunch, to help you save time at the office, or if you are running errands. If you do, you are setting yourself up for failure at dinner. You will end up eating the paint off the walls or whatever is in your sight by the time dinner rolls around if you forgot to eat lunch.
- Late-afternoon Snack: This meal is crucial! From my countless consultations, I have learned that this late afternoon time period is so tricky! I call it our "Withcy-ithcy" hour where we are prone to slipping! Don't do it! We have had a long day, our patience is running out, and are feeling the effects of all the days duties. Our office friend comes with a box of cookies from the bakery down the street, and we end up giving in! But I promise you, if you ate a great big breakfast, had your mid morning protein shake, your satisfying lunch, you won't give in! Please make it a point to enjoy another protein shake, small protein bar, or a mini-meal to keep your hunger at bay and under control until dinner.
- Dinner: Finally we are home, with our family and loved ones! Sigh of relief as we all gather together for a meal at home. Dinner is a meal to be enjoyed with our friends and family, but don't over do it! Remember this very important key: focus on your lean source of protein and also your fibrous carb. Aim to focus on a steamed vegetable, such as broccoli, asparagus, spinach or a large green salad to keep the complex carbs at bay.
Super Foods that Build Sexy Muscle
"You must EAT to LOSE weight and build sexy feminine muscle!" -JNL
- Boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Tuna (water packed)
- Fish (salmon, sea bass, halibut)
- Extra lean ground beef or ground round (92-96%)
- Protein powder
- Egg whites or eggs
- Rib eye steaks or roast
- Top round steaks or roast (aka stew meat, London Broil, Stir fry)
- Top sirloin (aka Sirloin top butt)
- Beef tenderloin (aka filet, Filet Mignon)
- Top loin (NY strip steak)
- Flank steak (Stir fry, fajita)
- Eye of Round (Cube meat, stew meat, bottom round , 96% lean ground round)
- Ground turkey, turkey breast slices or cutlets (fresh meat, not deli cuts)
- Oatmeal (old-fashioned or quick oats)
- Sweet potatoes (yams)
- Beans (pinto, black, kidney)
- Oat bran cereal
- Brown rice
- Farina (cream of wheat)
- Multigrain hot cereal
- Rice (white, jasmine, basmati, Arborio, wild)
- Potatoes (red, baking, new)
Green Leafy Lettuce (Green Leaf, Red, Leaf, Romaine)
Other Produce & Fruits
- Green or red pepper
- Fruit (if acceptable on diet): bananas, apples, grapefruit, peaches, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries
- Lemons or limes
- Natural peanut butter
- Olive oil or safflower oil
- Nuts (peanuts, almonds)
- Flaxseed oil
Dairy & Eggs
- Low-fat cottage cheese
- Low or non-fat milk
- Bottled water
- Crystal Light
- Green tea
- Pomegranate juice
Condiments & Misc.
- Fat-free mayonnaise
- Reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- Balsamic vinegar
- Chili powder/paste
- Mrs. Dash
- Steak sauce
- Sugar-free maple syrup
- Extracts (vanilla, almond, etc.)
- Low-sodium beef or chicken broth
- Plain or reduced sodium tomatoes sauce, puree, paste
- Whey Protein: BSN Syntha-6 Protein
- Energy Drinks: BSN EndoRush RTD
- Fat Burners: BSN CLA DNA
Forbidden Foods to Avoid
- Bagel, refined wheat
- Bread, refined wheat
- Bread, white
- Pasta, white flour
- Potatoes, baked
- Potatoes, white
- Potatoes, instant
- Rice cakes
- Rice, white
- Rolls, dinner
- Canned Fruit, juice packed
- Fruit juice
- Ice Cream
I hope you enjoyed my article on how busy modern day women like you and me, can enjoy the health benefits of eating, training, and following a beauty regiment of a Fitness Model.