Gym Of The Month:
Name of Gym: Powerhouse Gym Port Neches, Texas
Name of Owner: Mike Owens and Susan McGuire
Number of Members: 1,200 members (opened gym in January of 2011)
Square Feet: 26,000 sq foot
Website Address: www.powerhousepn.com
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (409) 293-3637
Hours of Operation:
Open Monday: 4:30 AM
Close Friday: 10:00 PM
Saturday and Sunday: Open 7:00am
Number of Trainers on Staff: 5
The Dabbish Family - Powerhouse Gym International Founders
Susan McGuire and Mike Owens - Powerhouse Gym Port Neches, TX Owners
We both previously worked at a local gym in our area. We were approached with an opportunity to purchase the gym from the current owner, but decided to not purchase the facility. After the process of buying the gym fell through we realized we should look into opening our own fitness facility. With a lot of support from the community, family, and friends we were able to make this dream a reality.
To build the type of full service facility we wanted, we did not have many options of location in our small town or surrounding areas. We knew for sure that we needed a very spacious building to open our dream facility. The one building that continued to peak our interest was a very large abandoned supermarket that survived two major hurricanes. This building had been abandoned for almost 18 years, which caused the construction of our facility to last about seven months.
Click To Enlarge.
Two hurricanes and still going strong?
Powerhouse Gym is as tough as the people training in it.
- We are a 26,000 square foot full service fitness facility
- 4,000 square foot area for sport specific training with turf
- Full MMA and Boxing area - Full Competition Cage and TapOut Bag Rack holding 15 total bags (heavy bags, muay thai bags, teardrop bags, and double-end bags).
- Les Mills Group Fitness Classes
- 3,800 sq foot Sports Performance area with field turf and powerlifting equipment. Specialized strength training and speed work for all age athletes.
- Full Service Pro -Shop with smoothie and coffee bar
- Post Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation area (bridging the gap between physical therapy and working out on your own).
- Indoor Cycling with Virtual Rides
- Exclusive FreeMotion Fitness Center
Due to the wide variety of programs we provide we attract children as young as 6 yrs old all the way up to 90 year old adults. We attract everyone from the hardcore power lifter, top level bodybuilder, top college athlete, or championship fighter.
The lack of intimidation when they enter Powerhouse Gym. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff makes members feel at home. Complete gym tours of the facility take away any pressure or intimidation a potential gym member may have initially felt when looking into joining our facility.
Steve Macnamara: Personal Trainer
- Numerous time Bodybuilding Champion.
- Top Level NPC Competitor and Masters Champion.
Valerie "the wolfe" Mahfood: Boxing & Stand Up Instructor
- First Female Boxing World Champion
- Texas Heavyweight Champion
- IBA Continental Light Heavyweight World Champion
- WIBF Light Heavyweight World Champion
- IWBF Light Heavyweight World Champion
- IWBF Super Middle Weight World Champion
- WIBA Super Middle Weight World Champion
Scott Ray: Jui Jitsu/Grappling Instructor
- Kuk Sool Won Black Belt
- Kuk Sool Won Certified Instructor
- 2009 USA Grappling Team Member
- MMA Instructor Lamar University
Chris Gohlke: Sports Performance Trainer
- Former College Football Player
- Widely Recognized as Top Trainer in the Area for Strength, Conditioning and Speed Training
- Has Trained Many Successful Champion Winning Athletes in Our Area
Susan McGuire: Gym Owner/Personal Trainer
- NGA Pro Natural Bodybuilder
- Numerous Pro Natural Bodybuilding Championships
Mike Owens: Gym Owner/Personal Trainer
- 2009 Musclemania Lone Star Novice and Overall Winner
- Top Level Amateur Natural Bodybuilder
- Fight Fitness Classes
- Hardcore Weekend Warrior Classes
- Fight Fitness Bootcamp
- Powerhouse Pacers Running Club
- Massage Therapy
- Group Personal Training
- Specialized Injury Rehabilitation Training
- Group Weight Management Programs
Due to the fact that we open for only 3 months, no famous ones yet.
Since we are a new facility, building the membership count to cover expenses.
We are the only gym in the area that's offers such a full array of training options for our members. We are proud to be the ONLY full service facility in our area.
We have only been open for business 3 months, but have had continued success due to variety of services we offer to our members. Powerhouse Gym Port Neches offers there members services and programs that no other gym in Southeast Texas can match.
Sign Up For Gym Of The Month!
If you know of another gym that stands out as supporting our sport and providing an atmosphere that encourages clients of all ability levels to reach their goals please send us an email at email@example.com so that we can showcase the hard work our gym owners and managers do to provide us a great place to train.
|Share This Article: