Printable Workout Logs - Create Your Own!
Smart bodybuilders keep track of each and every workout. You have to know that last time you did bench presses you did 205 pounds for 8 reps. That way you can make sure you go up and hit at least 205 pounds for at least 9 reps.
You can't keep doing the same weight and reps or you will not keep growing! A training log can also tell you if certain days or times are not working for you. It is also fun to look back on your old logs and see what you used to do way back when!
Keeping track of your workouts is easier than you might think. Simply print a customized workout sheets that you will quickly create below.
How To Use Printable Workout Logs
- Fill out each section of the log each day to get the full benefits!
- Write the date (day of week, month, day, year) and time of workout in the appropriate sections.
- If you can, weigh yourself daily or as often as possible before each workout. Weight is not the best way to see if you are getting results (you may be gaining muscle and losing fat, but staying at the same weight) but it can be helpful.
- Did you do cardio today? Before or after the workout? Write this down in the section marked "CARDIO?". You might find that your workouts are less intense if you do cardio before a workout. This section can help you keep track.
- Mood: How are you feeling today? Tired? Energized? Depressed? Frustrated with work? Sad because of bad news? Write it down here! Maybe every Wednesday at noon you are feeling tired and not realizing it. Now you will know!
Click Image To Enlarge.
Keeping Track Of Your Mood Can Help You
Determine When The Best Time To Workout Will Be.
- Exercise: This is the name of the exercise you are performing.
- Set #1, Set #2, etc.: Write the weight and reps that you did for the first set here. If you did 200 pounds for 10 reps you can simply write "200 X 10". If you have a partner and they helped you with the last rep because you couldn't do it, write something like "200 X 9 1/2". This way you can shoot for 10 reps by yourself next time!
- Length Of Workout: Write down how long the workout took you from start to finish. You can look back and see if you are working out intensely or socializing in-between sets.
- Comments: Important! How did the workout go? What happened that was interesting? What supplements did you take today? Learn anything? Write it all here!
- Workout Location: This is for people that workout at different locations often.
Create Your Personalized Workout Log
If you do different exercises on different days, create a log sheet for each one separately. Create the first one, print it, then start over again for the next one.
- Follow This Discussion by:
I was trying to utilize this feature to start a new workout routine, but I have not been able to figure it out. I wanted to print the workout so I had it in my hand at the gym but no matter where I go it wants to send me to another area for the printable logs main page, yet for some reason nothing ever allows me to print. I have finally given up after days of trying and will go to another source. I will say that just the other day I praised bodybuilding.com for your intuitive and easy to use website and resources, but I must say this needs a little work.
Bodybuilding.com top quality heavy duty 6 inch leather belt with heavy duty rivets and buckle.