Pssst, here's a pro tip: That tub of protein powder is actually a lot more than just an ingredient you simply dump into a smoothie or shaker bottle. With a little creativity and know-how, you can magically turn otherwise boring or "bad" foods into lip-smacking, health-promoting sensations that will forever change the way you use protein powders.
Whether you're just waking up for your morning meal, pining for a quick snack, or hankering for a smart alternative to satisfy your sweet tooth after dinner, these recipes will get both your taste buds and muscles excited for more!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl Protein Bars
If you love the combination of chocolate and banana, you'll go absolutely bananas for these bars. Created by Jaime Baird, Online Editor-in-Chief of FitnessRx for Women and IFBB Bikini pro, these bars combine the perfect amount of protein and carbs to serve as a post-workout treat. Even if you aren't coming out of a workout, you can still nosh on them anytime during the day. They're perfect for keeping around in the fridge or freezer.
- 3 scoops Milk Chocolate Gaspari Nutrition MyoFusion Advanced
- 1/2 cup brown rice flower
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup water
- 2/3 cup egg whites
- 1 scoop Vanilla Gaspari Nutrition Isofusion
- 4 tbsp peanut butter powder (such as PB2)
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the chocolate MyoFusion, brown rice flour, and baking powder in a bowl.
- In a blender, combine the ripe banana, water, and 2/3 cup egg whites. Stir in the dry ingredients until well-mixed.
- Spray a glass baking pan with non-stick spray and pour batter into the dish.
- In another bowl, combine the vanilla IsoFusion with peanut butter powder and 1/4 cup egg whites.
- Pour this mixture onto the chocolate batter in straight lines.
- Run a knife across the batter to create the swirled appearance.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until you can insert a toothpick in the center section of the bars and it comes out clean.
Serving Size: Recipe yields 6 bars
Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl Protein Bars PDF (27.4 KB)
Low-Carb MyoFusion Pancakes
One downside of a low-carb diet is not being able to savor fluffy pancakes, but fret not: These amazing low-carb cakes are here to rescue you! Born from the mind of Ms. Bikini Olympia Ashley Kaltwasser, these protein pancakes will meet your nutrition needs while punching your pancake-loving taste buds.
This high-protein pancake uses coconut flour, which has a low net carb content due to its high fiber content. Delicious and satisfying, these pancakes will keep you satisfied for hours.
If you want to bump up the fat content or add that extra magical touch, melt a tablespoon or two of natural peanut butter in the microwave and pour over the cakes before serving.
- 1 scoop Cinnamon Roll Gaspari Nutrition MyoFusion Probiotic Series
- 1 cup egg whites
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp water
- Combine all ingredients together in a shaker cup.
- Spoon out about 2 tbsp of batter at a time onto a pre-heated non-stick skillet.
- As batter starts to bubble, flip the pancake and allow to cook for another 30-60 seconds on the other side until done.
- If you don't use all the batter, store the remainder in the fridge.
Serving Size: Recipe yields 1 serving
Low-Carb MyoFusion Pancakes PDF (26.5 KB)
Protein Powered PB Muffins
Muffins make for a great on-the-go snack, but they're generally so calorie- and sugar-laden that their dietary pitfalls far outweigh their convenience. Thankfully, these muffins not only pack a substantial dose of protein but also sneak in some kale to provide a huge boost of vitamins and minerals to each muffin.
"You can even make them low- or higher-carb depending on your diet," says Collin Wasiak, who created this delicious treat, "so they're versatile enough to follow you through your entire year of training."
- 1-1/2 scoops Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Gaspari Nutrition MyoFusion Elite
- 1-1/2 tbsp Chobani Greek Yogurt
- 1-1/2 tbsp natural peanut butter
- Sprinkling of cinnamon
- 1 cup kale
- 1-2 tbsp old-fashioned oats (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 475 degrees.
- Blend all ingredients together and place into a muffin tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Serving Size: Recipe yields 4 serving
Protein Powered PB Muffins PDF (26.4 KB)
Creamy Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream
An icy-cold treat such as this creamy peanut butter banana ice cream is the perfect panacea to sizzling summer days without going off-plan. Filled with lean protein, healthy fat, and some fiber, it'll satisfy your sweet tooth while keeping you lean and giving you a brain freeze. You can also remove the peanut butter (gasp!) if you prefer a lighter option while dieting.
- 1 scoop Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Gaspari Nutrition MyoFusion Elite
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1-2 ice cubes
- Place all the ingredients in the blender and pulse blend until desired consistency is reached.
- Drink immediately.
Serving Size: Recipe yields 2 serving
Creamy Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream PDF (26.2 KB)
The Ultimate Muscle-Building Pancake
Created by legend Rich Gaspari, this ultimate pancake serves up the perfect muscle- building mix to take in immediately after your workout. It's certainly a refreshing and portable alternative to your typical post-workout protein shake.
This post-workout cake is rich in quality protein, high in complex carbohydrates, and contains minimal added fats.
If using it at any other point during the day, simply smear with some natural almond butter or peanut butter to fold in those healthy fats.
- 6 egg whites
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1 scoop Gaspari Nutrition MyoFusion Elite (any flavor)
- 2 tbsp sugar-free pancake syrup
- Combine the egg whites, quick oats, and protein powder. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and coat with a non-stick spray.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the pancake batter into the pan and let cook until bubbles begin to appear. Pour more cakes. Flip and cook on the other sides until firm.
- Serve with the syrup or your choice of topping, depending on your macronutrient needs. For extra protein, add some additional protein powder for dusting!
Serving Size: Recipe yields 2 serving
The Ultimate Muscle-Building Pancake PDF (26.6 KB)