- Name: Olivia Jones
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Age: 16
- Where: Lexington, KY
- Height: 5'2"
- Weight: 102 lbs
- Years Bodybuilding :1
- Favorite Bodypart: Back
- Favorite Exercise: Spider Curls
- Favorite Supplements: AmiN.O. Energy Grape and Intek Blue Ice
How Did You Get Started?
I've always been active. I started working out with my high school soccer team about 2-3 times a week. Once I quit soccer, I realized how much I enjoyed going to the gym. My boyfriend would go all the time, and I wanted to spend more time with him; so I put two and two together and decided to get a gym membership. I started off doing mainly cardio and didn't see much improvement with my body.
Then, I started mixing in weight training with exercises I'd either found online or seen others do. When I started making progress, I found new exercises and played with training splits until I found one that I liked (and helped me reach my goals). It was all sort of trial and error.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
Every once in a while I switch up exercises to avoid plateaus, but this is a typical week of workouts for me:
- Spider Curls: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Skull Crushers: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Hanging Dips: 4 sets of 8 reps
- Triceps Kickbacks: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Triceps Extensions: 4 sets of 8 reps, 2 drop sets of 8 reps
- Close-Grip E-Z Bar Curls: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Zottman Curls: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Hammer Curls: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Running: 1 mile
- Leg Extension: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Close-Stance Leg Press: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Walking Lunges: 4 sets of 24 reps
- Close-Stance Squats: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Dumbbell Step-Ups: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Calf Raises: 4 sets of 20 reps
- Leg Extension: 4 sets of 8 reps
- Behind Head Shoulder Press: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Cable Side Raise: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Front E-Z Bar Raise: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Arnold Press: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Hanging Leg Raises: 4 sets of 25 reps
- V-Ups: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Decline Sit-Ups With Resistance Bands: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Running: 3 miles
- Chest Flyes: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Wide Grip Raised Push-Ups: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Seated Cable Row: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Reverse Grip Rows: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Behind Head Lat Pulldowns: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Reverse Flyes: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Pull-Ups: 4 sets of 6 reps
- Leg Curl: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Wide Stance Leg Press: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Wide Stance Squats: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Lying Leg Curls: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Deadlifts: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Leg Curls: 4 sets of 8 reps
- Cable Curls: 4 sets of 10 reps, 1 add set to failure
- Preacher Curls: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Concentration Curls: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Bent Rear Delt Raise: 4 sets of 10 reps, 1 add set to failure
- Shoulder Press: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Side Lateral Raise: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Stairmaster: 20-30 minutes
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
Here is a sample of my daily nutrition plan:
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
Everyone's different so results may vary from person to person with supplements; but, here's my daily supplement intake:
- Intek Blue Ice Whey Protein: 1 scoop
- Complete Nutrition Blitz, Lemon Lime: 1 serving
- L-Glutamine: 1000mg
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
I love fitness because I like seeing the improvements. Hard work and healthy eating does magic to one's body - it gives you more energy, makes you happier, and makes it look better. It's all in our control. We control how hard we work, what we eat, and how motivated we stay. With life being so unpredictable, it's amazing to know that we can control something. Also, the endorphin rush after working out can cure me of the worst moods.
What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
When I'm at the gym, seeing others working hard and pushing themselves motivates me to continue living a healthy lifestyle. Sometimes, after a long day of work or school, I may feel a little drained. When this happens, all I need for motivation is some loud music and my pre-workout. Another good motivator is buying fitness magazines to get me into the "I'm-gonna-work-extra-hard-to-look-like-that" mindset.
What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
Week after week of training and improving makes me want to keep at it. Improving can be anything from increasing reps, to increasing weight, to just looking better! In society, women are led to believe that they're only beautiful when they starve themselves and fit into a size zero. I want to help change this unhealthy image. As Jennifer Nicole Lee stated, "Strong is the new skinny." I also want to prove that women can stand up to men in the fitness world. Men aren't the only ones dominating the gym anymore!
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
My plans are to continue living a healthy lifestyle and keep on improving and inspiring others to do the same. I plan to enter more competitions and hopefully get my Pro Card one day. I would love to eventually be sponsored and be a fitness model.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
I'd say that the biggest thing to remember is that you're in control. Not your trainer, not your friend, not your spouse...it's all you. You decide to push yourself and how dedicated you are. Never give up and push through the pain - the reward is worth it.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
I would have to say that my fitness role model is Jamie Eason. She inspires me to continue this lifestyle and enjoy it.
What Features Do You Use On Bodybuilding.com?